The world cup cricket is at the doorstep and the fever of cricket has already started to raise the temperature among both the players and non-players in India. On the other hand, cricket equipment is also selling in larger. By looking at this craze we considered more than 18 cricket bats of top brands and consulted with 7 players and 2 coaches about the best cricket bats. We researched on them for almost 15 hours and found that the New Balance DC 480 Cricket Bat is the editor’s choice.
Best Cricket Bats In India
1. New Balance DC 480 Short Handle – Editor’s Pick
No products found.
NB or the New Balance Athletics, Inc is an American multinational brand based in the Boston. This company was founded in 1906 and is one of the major manufacturers of sports equipment in the world.
- Kashmir willow bat with good quality.
- Only 1200-1275 grams of weight.
- Thick edges and curved blade.
- Short handle ergonomically shaped.
- Didn’t find anything.
It is a full sized bat suitable to play with any types of ball from leather ball to tennis ball. It is also suitable for any age group.
2. SS Custom English Willow – Best For Intermediate Players
- In Box contents: 1 Cricket Bat with Cover | Material: English Willow | Grade: GRADE 6 | No. of Grains : TAPE ON FACE | Needs...
- Suitable For: Leather Ball | Weight: 950 gm | Sweet Spot: Middle | Spine Profile: Medium
- Playing Style: All-Round
The cricket bats of SS Custom brand are prepared with high quality standard and super spine concept. These english willow bats are quite popular in India among the players from 15 onwards.
- Round shaped short handle.
- Suitable for all the genders and all age group after 15+.
- Made of English willow.
- The handle is made of Sarawak cane.
- Have concave edges and scale grip.
- Needs stroke work before using.
- Needs oiling before use.
- These bats need extra care.
As we have mentioned above this bat is suitable for all age groups so that you can choose a size as per your height.
3. GM Sting Kashmir Willow – Best Budget Pick
- Handcrafted by master craftsmen Massive edges and exquisite balance Above : 12 Playing level :advanced Cover included : yes
GM Sting is popular for its Kashmir willow bats due to its international standard.
- Cutted scalp to achieve balance and control.
- Powerful but lighter pick up.
- Achieves bow itself during pressing.
- In ready to play condition.
- Not suitable for children under 18.
This bat is designed to compliment your game with explosive power.
4. SG Phoenix Extreme Kashmir Willow – Most Light Weight Bat
- Thick edges and curved blade
- Full length bat cover with adjustable strap
- Material: Kashmir willow
SH Phoenix Extreme is popular in India for its authentic products.
- Curved blade and thick edges.
- Made of high-quality Kashmir willow.
- Comes with an adjustable strap.
- Handle is of poor quality.
- Quite heavy.
If your child or you are the beginners of the cricket game opt for this one.
5. DSC Scorer Kashmir Willow – Best Rated Bat
No products found.
DSC means is a trusted name especially for cricket goods along with other sports goods since 1970. The focus of this brand has been to develop products and technologies that help athletes achieve their peak performance.
- High-quality table sprung handle.
- Perfect for subcontinental pitches.
- Superb maneuverability.
- More pronounced bow.
- Monstrous hitting area.
- Didn’t find anything.
If you are fond of playing big shots without fear, opt for this high quality Kashmir willow bat.
6. SG RSD Spark Kashmir Willow – Best For Durable Performances
- Size: Short handle
- Willow: Kashmir willow
- Weight: 1.2 kilograms
SG means Sanspareils Greenlands, is a trusted brand for manufacturing cricket equipment founded in 1950. All its products are handcrafted using the finest resources. In 1994 the cricket legend of India Mr Virender Sehwag became the brand ambassador of SG bats.
- Imported premium sarawak cane handle.
- Contains 11 to 13 straight grains.
- The grip has a superior sense of control.
- Didn’t find anything.
If you are searching for a budget picked bat with high quality this one is best for you.
We are here to clear all your doubts about buying the right cricket bat for you because without the right bat it is not easy to play with your true potential. We are not saying that a great bat will make you a great batsman. Rather we are saying to buy a bat with which you can hit your original strokes as per your caliber. Let’s go through all the steps related to a perfect cricket bat.
1. Pick the perfect size
Perfect size of bat completely depends upon your height for good performance. We are giving below a sizing chart for your knowledge about picking the right sized bat for you.
Size Chart Of Cricket Bat
|Bat Size||Approximate age||Height
|25 ¾”||3 ½”|
|2||6-7||4’3”-4’6”||27 ¾”||3 ½”|
|3||8||4’6”-4’9”||28 ¾”||3 ¾”|
|4||9-11||4’9”-4’11”||29 ¾”||3 ¾”|
|Harrow||12-14||5’6”-5’9”||32 ¾”||4 ¼”|
|15+||5’9”-6’2”||33 ½”||4 ¼”|
|15+||6’2” and above||34 ¾”||4 ¾”|
2. Choose a bat as per your playing condition
It is very important to choose a bat as per your playing condition. For example, if you are using to play with a tennis ball it is best to choose a tennis cricket bat. But if you are a regular player playing with leather balls, it is best for you to pick a thicker bat.
3. Choose willow grade
Willow is a natural fibrous wood from which all the cricket bats are typically carved. Even the price of a cricket bat is also determined by the quality of willow used in it. Basically, the narrow grain willow provides great performance but has a reduced lifespan. Whereas the broader grain willow takes time before it reaches its optimum performance but lasts longer.
Willows are available in 4 grades.
Grade 1+ willow is the best one. The blade of the bat made of this willow is unbleached and blemish free.
Grade 1 willow is top notch willow with a little broader grain and unbleached.
Grade 2 willow is the English willow with some little blemishes and unbleached. This willow comes with possible irregularities in the grain.
Grade 3 willow-blades are bleached to cover up blemishes and irregular grain.
Grade 4 willows are also bleached English willows usually covered up with a protective facing. This willow is sold as “non-oil.”
Kashmir Willows are dryer and harder than the English willows. As a result, they do not perform as well or last as long. It is recommended for the beginners and cheaper than English willow bats.
4. Choose a bat as per your batting style
There are three types of bats manufactured by companies like the low, the medium, and the high. These difference in bats completely for your batting style.
The low types of cricket bats are perfect for those who like to hit a number of straight shots and drives.
The medium types of bats are suitable for the allrounders who love to play the front foot.
The high types of bats have a sweet spot that is further up towards your hands. These bats are for them who want to pull off those awesome hook shots and cuts.
5. Pick the right handle
Choosing the right handle can make a huge difference to your game. For example, an oval handle keeps you aligned better and provides a better directional feel. In comparison, a round-handled bat is better for wristy players who want to flick the ball around. It provides more control to your bottom hand.
6. The toe guard
It is quite common that the toe of all the cricket bats is susceptible or prone to breakage. It happens because of the deadly “yorkers” you face while batting. These instances cause the wood to dent or split. Hence, it is very important to fit the toe guard of your bat to reduce the risk of breakage.
7. Do not go behind the brand name
In the market, you will find the cricket bats of many popular and reliable brands. But it is not important to purchase a bat added with a brand name. It is true that all these brands will serve you well but instead of that, you must consider the factors such as your budget, your playing style, how serious you are for your game, and whether the bat meets your performance requirements.
We have tried to give you all the information about the best cricket bat. But remember, everything needs maintenance. So as a cricket bat also. It is very important to oil and to knock your bat regularly. It is very important to inspect your bat for any signs of damage or dryness. For the long life of your bat, these maintenance rules are very necessary.
Ayush Mahajan says
Very informative site.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks Ayush for liking this.