It is not an easy task to choose the best face wash among lots of varieties available in the market from various brands. Actually, lots of factors are associated when you go to select a face wash as per the condition and type of your skin. There are different face washes are available for different problems such as for oily skin, for dry skin, for men, for acne-prone skin, etc. So, you become confused about what to choose what to deny.
After 63 hours of research, consultations with the best dermatologists and cosmetologists, we have selected some of the best face wash for different skin problems for Indian skin types.
Our selection process was mainly based on the skin types, skin problems, damaged skin, gender, and deep cleansing formula of the face washes. We have selected only those products which are best for the solution of these basic factors of skin.
To get complete knowledge about our selection process you can navigate the skin test process we have given at the end of the article.
The Best Face Wash In India
1. The Body Shop – Best For Oily & Combination Skin
- Suitable for combination/ oily skin
- Mineral rich seaweed from Roaring Water Bay, Ireland
- Soap free; Oil free
The Body Shop is a manufacturer of beauty and body care products for 40 years. It has expanded its wings all over the world including India. All the products from Body shop facial kits to lip balm of this brand are made of only the natural ingredients prepared by skilled cosmetologists.
We selected this face wash as our Top listed face wash due to lots of qualities it has. It is a mineral riched deep cleansing face wash in gel form. It gives you a refreshed feeling after the 1st use. You get a shiny mat finished look on your face after using this.
It cleanses your face deep into the skin to remove all the impurities effectively. It is suitable for both the normal or the combination skin and the oily skin. This face wash cleanses your skin without disturbing the moisture levels which is a very important factor of a good face wash.
- Best for the Indian summer.
- Works wonders to the sensitive skin.
- Does not lather too much
- Exfoliates your skin gently.
- It gives a cold subtle freshness
- It is a little expensive.
- Not available in the stores all the time.
The best face wash suitable for sensitive skin both for men and women.
2. Kaya Skin Clinic – Best For Damaged Skin
- Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel is a soap-free gel with gentle foaming agents for everyday use.
- The deep cleansing formula helps to clear out the dirt and grime that has sedimented on the skin throughout the day giving...
- The cleanser contains active moisturizing ingredients that penetrate deep into the skin, providing long lasting nourishing.
Kaya Skin Clinic is one of the leading dermatologist-backed clinics delivers flawless skin care and hair care products. It recognizes everyone’s aspiration to be naturally beautiful. It is equipped with state-of-art technologies for the solution of your skin problems.
We have selected this face wash after using personally for the skins damaged due to acne, pimples, zit, etc. as a runner up in the list of the top face wash range. This is quite suitable mainly for the acne-prone skin. The gentle foaming agents of this face wash leaves your skin perfectly cleansed and purified. It contains Niacinamide and Vitamin B3 which helps to control the surface oil and lightening of your skin tone.
- A paraben-free and non-comedogenic face wash
- Developed and formula researched by the dermatologists.
- Soap-free gel gives you a soothing and fresh feeling.
- Gives a fairer skin with a matte look.
- Contains zinc lactate for reducing excess sebum.
- You can not find it at the stores all the time.
The kaya clinic face wash is a dermatologist approved face wash best for acne-prone skin.
3. Olay Total Effects – Best For Anti-ageing Effects
- Quantity: 100g
- Item Form: Foam
- Doesnt over-dry your skin
Olay total effects is an American skin care brand owned by Procter&Gamble manufacturing the skin care products for 67 years. It is a global company which has factories all over the world. It is popular for its authentic service to anti-aging beauty products.
We have selected this face wash because of its 7 benefits in 1 for healthier and younger looking skin. After a thorough discussion with some of the top dermatologists, models, and beauticians our team get assured by the real regenerative effect of this face wash on your skin.
This face wash has a composition of Vitamin E, Vitamin B3, and Pro-Vitamin B5 which fights with the 7 signs of skin aging to give you a younger look day by day if used regularly. The Total effect cleanses works gently on your skin by removing all the dirt, excess oil, and makeup without drying your skin.
The consistency of this face wash is thick, creamy, and silk which tempts you to use it again and again. Another important thing about this face wash is a small amount of this product is enough to clean your face and neck area completely. It spreads on your skin quickly and gives excellent foam and lather for a thorough cleansing.
- It lifts away the dull surface of your cells and revitalizes your skin.
- It is very helpful for the sensitive skin damaged by acne scars, sunburn, freckles, pigmentation etc.
- This is quite economical
- It regenerates your skin after regular use.
- Not even a single thing.
Olay total effects face wash is a trusted brand and loved by both the men and women for years to get younger and youthful looks.
4. Neutrogena Oil-Free – Best For Acne Prone Conditions
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser provides deep cleansing without over-drying your skin
- Penetrates deep to clean pores and help prevent pimples by removing excess oil and surface buildup
- Prevent irritation and over-drying; Dermatologist Tested, Oil-free and Non-Comedogenic
Neutrogena is an American Brand of skin care distributing the cosmetic and other beauty-related products for 70 years all over the world. Each product of this brand is formulated to a specific skin concern and to regenerate it.
We selected the Neutrogena oil-free face wash because it is a dermatologist-recommended product exclusively for the acne an acne prone skin. We consulted with some skin specialists and beauticians about this product an got a very good response from all of them.
This face wash contains Salicylic acid which exfoliates your skin an removes all the dead skin cells. It helps in preventing of pimples by removing excess oil build-up on the surface of your skin.
- Prevents breakouts of acne
- Non-comedogenic, oil free, alcohol-free
- Penetrates deep into the skin to clean pores
- Clears excess oil and dirt.
- Clears pimple-causing germs
- May not be budget-friendly for some.
This is a trusted brand and with regular use of Neutrogena Face Wash, you can get rid of Acne effectively.
5. Wow Activated Charcoal – Best For Acne-Pro Conditions
- Activated charcoal draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping you to...
- Activated charcoal, when used in a face wash, binds to and helps pull the dirt out of your pores, making them less visible
- Used in a cleanser or mask, activated charcoal can pull the unwanted excess oils from your skin, leaving it smooth
The Wow skin science is famous for the production of productions with premium quality and holistically healthy personal care products. It was founded in 2005 and become a well-known brand within these 13 years all over the world with its wide range of face, body, and hair care products, fashion accessories, perfumes, and makeup products.
We selected this face wash to keep in our list of top face wash because of its usefulness for all types of skins and specifically for acne-prone skins. It is quite budget-friendly and a dermatologist-approved product.
- Exfoliates skin by unclogging the pores.
- Retains the healthy glow of your skin.
- Absorbs all the oil from the skin.
- Shields the facial skin from pollution
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Didn’t found anything.
The Wow Skin Science has proved its effectiveness with all the skincare products including this face wash.
6. Pond’s Pure White – Best For Instant Whiteness
- Contains activated carbon, which easily absorbs & lifts away the black impurities & pollution particles
- Helps reduce the causes of blemishes
- Reveals your natural pure detoxified brighter skin
Since 1846, Pond’s is producing skin care products to meet the evolving skin care needs concerns of women. It is a popular brand of skincare breakthroughs over more than 150 years.
We have selected this face wash after consulting with some of the beauticians and dermatologists about the effectivity of this product. We got a very positive response about its instant whiteness quality even after the 1st use of this face wash.
This face wash is the first of its kind to be formulated with activated carbon which attracts all the blackness from the skin with the “black attracts black” formula. This is infused with some active ingredients provides you cleanliness which goes beyond the realm of regular cleanliness. It removes the layer of the dead skin cells by revealing fair looking skin underneath.
- Helps to reduce the causes of blemishes.
- Clears uneven skin tone instantly.
- Gives a pollution-free glow.
- Provides flawless skin after the very 1st use.
- Doesn’t affect the natural moisturiser of the skin.
- Didn’t find anything.
Pond’s is one of the most popular brands which has proved itself by giving lots of skin care products to its customers.
7. Himalaya Herbals Neem – Best For Prevention Of Pimples
- Moisten face, apply a small quantity of Purifying Neem Face Wash and gently work up a lather using a circular motion
- Wash off and pat dry, use twice daily
- Suitable for all skin types
For 130 years, Himalaya Herbals is producing a range of 100% natural and safe skin care products by collecting some of the rare herbs from the foothills of Himalayas. Each and every product of this brand is containing Ayurveda with advanced pharmaceutical technology.
We selected to keep this face was in our top list of face wash after getting an appreciable positive response from a number of beauticians and dermatologists. The natural blend of Neem and Turmeric gives a clear and pimple-free skin which keeps you stress-free from those ugly pimples.
The presence of Neem tackles bacteria from the root of the skin and prevents the recurrence of the pimples. Hali as a natural antiseptic evens out your skin tone and gives you soft and clear skin.
- Eliminates pimples with regular use.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Best for a pimple prone skin.
- Helps to retain the skin’s elasticity.
- Improves general skin health and immunity.
- Soothes itchiness an redness of the skin.
- We didn’t find anything bad.
Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Wash is really effective to reduce the pimples an eliminate them completely after regular uses and it is suitable for both the men an women.
How To Test Your Skin Type?
It is very essential to know your skin type to take the proper care and to use suitable products as your skin needs. We are presenting here the tests to determine your skin type after consulting with the dermatologists and cosmetologists.
- Wash your face with normal water an pat dry gently.
- Keep your face free from using any makeup, or skincare products for 3-4 hours.
- It is best to do this at night before going to bed to give your face adequate rest.
- Now take a tissue paper and press it on your face for 30-60 seconds.
- You can determine your skin type after removing the tissue paper as per the oil residue on it.
Let’s know the skin types as per the test results.
1. Dry Skin
If you will find a little to no oil on the tissue paper you have dry skin. Actually, dry skin becomes rough and dull with a scaly and flaky outer skin without proper care. It loses its elasticity sooner and tends to feel stretched and tight after cleansing. In winter the dry skin becomes worst due to the lack of moisturizer in the environment. Dry feet and dry hands are also a sign of dry skin.
2. Oily Skin
If you will find lots of oil on the tissue paper you have oily skin. Oily skin types have both the merits and the demerits. The merit is your skin does not age soon. Due to the oils, the elasticity of the skin remains longer. But the demerit is your skin needs more care and protection. It becomes shiny with enlarged pores which are prone to acne, zits, and pimples mostly around the T-zone.
3. Combination Skin
If the T-zone of the tissue paper you have pressed on your face is oily and dryness on other parts you have combination skin. Combination skin is the best skin type. It needs less care and protection than the previous two skin types. You can find blackheads and whiteheads on your T-Zone but they vanish after little care.
4. Damage Skin
Actually, if you have the residues or active effects of acne, pimples, sunburn, zits, blackheads, whiteheads on your face it will have come under the type of damaged skin.
The main remedy of the damaged skin depends upon the cleansing process. Definitely, you need some other medications or home remedies for these problems. But a deep cleansing of the damaged skin is a primary factor to get rid of it.
We have given the selection of the best face wash for each skin problem we have defined above. After a test of your skin type choose the best one from the selected face wash we have given after thorough research.
Divya Devarajan says
I was amazed to know about the ‘black attracts black’ formula of the Pond’s Pure White Face Wash With Activated Charcoal. Does this have any scientific basis. Very keen to know that.
Ahuti Mishra says
Yes, it has a scientific basis. Actually, the dust and pollutants always get deposited on the black object. It is buildup static between the black object and dust or pollutants that both get attracted by each other. Therefore, the activated charcoal attracts blackheads, black impurities, and pollutant particles from the skin easily.
masoom raza says
nice comment mey nay bhi ponds kay face wash kiyeh hai.
masoom raza says
such a helpfull for me THANK YOU SOO MUCH
keep it up good work .
Thanks for appreciating.
masoom raza says
good job it’s help for me and my site.
keep it up.
Ahuti Mishra says
Thank you so much for your appreciation.
Nice list. Some of my favorite products are listed here. By the way Olay products, I prefer more.