Our team spent more than 10 days to research on 15 devices to find out the best fingerprint scanner in India. We consulted with 5 experts about different features of the fingerprint scanners and find out the Safran Morpho MSO 1300 E2 With USB Support as our editors choice to be in the top of the list because of its larger usage and the “SecuGen HU20 Hamster Pro 20” as our runner up product which works on even in harsh environment.
Before buying a fingerprint scanner navigate our “Buying Guide” section at the end of this article.
Best Fingerprint Scanner In India
1. Safran Morpho MSO 1300 E2 With USB Support – Editor’s Choice
- Customer Care 8434384343
- With 1 Year RD Service
Our team selected this Safran Morpho MSO 1300 E2 With USB Support as our editor’s choice because of its larger usage in more than 100 services in India. It is one of the best fingerprint scanners in India which comes with an all-in-one solution. It comes with extensive security features along with encryption and digital signature.
- It has smartcard reader variants.
- It has a high-performance sensor with 500 dpi and 256 grey levels.
- Easy to access multiple controls.
- You can easily access it on a PC.
- Stores biometric data for easy verification.
- Installing issues.
This fingerprint scanner is feathery light and recommended to them who have knowledge about driver installing facility.
2. SecuGen HU 20 Hamster Pro 20 – Runner Up
No products found.
The “SecuGen HU20 Hamster Pro 20” is our runner up choice because of some unique qualities like it can work on harsh environment and an Auto on feature which detects the finger automatically when you touch it. It is a dandy and portable fingerprint scanner which you can use as per your wish. This is one of the best biometric fingerprint scanner for mobile in India.
- It comes with a scratch resistant glass.
- It is ultra-compact and light-weight.
- This is an impact, corrosion, and electrostatic shock resistant.
- Works easily with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.
- USB fingerprint sensor with 500 DPI resolution.
- Supports International and U.S biometric standards.
- Didn’t find anything.
If you are finding a fingerprint scanner with all the features which will help you in the long run, opt for this.
3. Morpho Icons-MSO-1300-E3 With RD Service – Best For Attendance
- The internal serial number of the device could be fetched by installing the software
We selected the Morpho Icons MSO 1300 E-3 because of its ergonomic, lightweight, and durable design which comes with a low-maintenance quality that suits many of the pockets for long run. It is one of the best biometric fingerprint scanners in India for attendance. The best thing is you can install it by seeing the YouTube video uploaded by the company.
- A scanner with all-in-one capability.
- Resolution of 500 PPI uniform illumination.
- It comes with a pre-enabled RD service suitable for digital pay.
- Decent, super-fast, and easy to access.
- Supports all the PCs.
- The customer support is not satisfactory.
This is one of the best personal products with fast scanning capacity.
4. KartString Startek FM220 For Digital Verification – Best For Budget Conscious
- Micro USB connector for use with mobile devices and Tablets
- Real-life applications - no problem in verifying smeared, scarred, stained and smudged fingers
- Assumptions and Exclusions: As of now the AadhaarPAY application is available only for the Android Smartphones and Tablets....
Our team selected the KartString FM220 because it is one of the best fingerprint scanner certified by Government of India for Aadhar verification which comes with a low budget. It is a light-weight device included with 500 DPI resolution which makes it faster and accurate with no errors. This fingerprint scanner is a cmos-based optical reader with high quality. It is one of the top product for attendance and enrollment verification in India.
- It has the ability to capture images.
- Verifies fingerprints with high speed.
- Uses for NDLM, Jeevan Pramaan, Apna CSC, VTP, and Aadhar enabled biometric attendance.
- Uses for enrollment and attendance verification.
- Cannot be used for sim activation.
It is best for them who are looking for a light-weight and compatible FS to rely on for finger prints with zero errors.
5. WECAM Mini Portable USB Readers For Windows – Best For Login Accuracy
No products found.
We selected the “WECAM Mini Portable” to keep in our top list as it is one of the best fingerprint scanner for windows and apps. It has the fastest unlocked system which works by one touch in 1 second. Another plus point of device is it is password-free and you do not need any software for windows to login which is quite comfortable for many users.
- Super biometric performance helps in login accuracy.
- Lightweight, tiny, and easy to carry.
- Worth of each penny.
- 360 Biometric identification
- Didn’t find anything.
This fingerprint scanner is best for the PC, Laptop, Tablets, App, and websites.
6. MANTRA MFS100 – Best For Enrollment
No products found.
Our team selected the No products found. because of its hard optical fingerprint sensor which is resistant to scratches, impact, vibration, and electrostatic shock. You can use it for verification, enrollment and identification through biometrics.
- Works with all windows operating system.
- This 16 x 18mm device is easy to carry everywhere.
- Also works with OTG adaptor supporting USB 2.
- Didn’t find anything.
This is an all-in-one plugging fingerprint scanner can be used for many purposes.
Nowadays fingerprint scanner has a major role to avoid identity theft. Basically, they are used in business and government sectors to make the identification little safer and in order to keep away the unauthorized things from entering illegally. Generally, they are used to record fingerprint scans of the person for authorization to a specific system. They are also used in the purpose of the attendance of the employees in the government and business sectors.
Fingerprint scanners have become a major requirement for all above purposes in private sectors along with government and business sectors like in hospitals, colleges, schools, and in a number of offices. Therefore, after observing the importance we have selected the best of the best products for you above in this article.
But it is also a daunting task to select the best one among dozens of models of different features. Here, in this section, we will give you the buying guide of the best fingerprint scanner to make your task easy. Before that, you must know about the types of fingerprint scanners available in the market. Let’s dive to the depth.
You can find three major types of fingerprint scanners with different features and purposes.
1. An Optical Scanner
An optical fingerprint scanner contains an LED light which brightens up when you touch your finger to be scanned. It has a sensor which creates a light and dark image to point out the origin of the finger or the ridges from the finger.It projects the image of the tiny ridges of the fingers and uses it as a digital photograph.
2. Capacitor-based Fingerprint Scanner
The capacitor-based fingerprint scanner has a unique way of scanning. It uses the tiny capacitive circuit to collect data which stores electric charge which varies your finger’s ridge when it placed over the conductive plates. As a result, this technology cannot be replicated and too difficult to fool with prosthetic.
It measures the finger position to track and record them for the future.
3. Multi-spectral Fingerprint Scanner
A multi-spectral fingerprint scanner contains the technology to make sure to prevent fingerprint-proof attacks or network securities. It scans the tissue which is under the skin and also on the finger surface which is a distinctive function.
Tips Before Buying
It is very important to buy a scanner with smudge protection or has a layer to protect it from smudges. The cause is, sometimes, you can face problems when a person has a cut or bruise in the finger and make the scanner unresponsive. Sometimes it also not responses when there is swear on the palm. But with a smudge protection layer, you will not face such problems.
The accuracy of a fingerprint scanner is another major function you need to check before buying. A small glitch in a system can lessen the accuracy of the system. It is also important to give emphasis on the security check to ensure the accuracy of the device.
It is not a bad thing to save a little before buying anything. It is also important that the system should be cost-effective. Therefore, before buying, look at the price tag on the fingerprint scanner for the appropriate price to ensure about the functionalities of the device as it claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best biometric device is Safran Morpho MSO 1300 E2 With USB Support.
The major advantage of a front-facing fingerprint sensor is the ease of use when your phone is placed on a surface. With back ones people often worry that they would damage the screen.
The direct fingerprint reader is a biometric device that uses up the automated methods to recognize a person based on the unique physical characteristics of a human’s fingerprint.
Iris recognition is one of the fastest and accurate method of biometric identification that takes the photos of the eye and maps a unique Iris pattern to verify the identity.
The fingerprint scanners use optical sensors that use LED light sensor to illuminate the finger. It detects the fingerprint and creates an image by obtaining the light and dark areas.
It is obviously a huge deal to buy a fingerprint scanner as it is related to our security and also has a major role to make things little safer when it comes to identity theft almost all private and government sectors. It is precise but must come with zero complications. To keep this in mind we have given here some of the best fingerprint scanners in India which comes in different shapes, assurance, and functions along with the price set. Check the above list and opt for one which suits your requirements.
Leave a Reply