To choose a hair colour among lots of different brands is obviously a daunting task for many of us. Almost all the brands give lots of assurance to all the factors associated with the best hair colour.
But you have to choose one as per your hair quality, hair texture, and obviously durability of the colour on your hair. To solve all these worries, we have selected some of the best hair colours in India by keeping all the factors in our mind.
After consulting with more than 3 of the top beauticians and 2 dermatologists, we have selected these top hair colours after thorough research of 72 hours. We have selected these hair colours suitable for Indian hair types both for men an women. Stick around the article to choose the best hair colour as per your needs.
To get complete knowledge about our selection process you can navigate the hair types section at the end of this article.
The Best Hair Colours In India Without Side-Effects
1. Naturigin Organic 100% Permanent Hair Colour – Best Hair Color Without Ammonia and Peroxide
No products found.
Naturigin is a family owned private limited company is famous for the manufacturing of 19 fabulous hair colours containing certified organic ingredients. It is a trusted company who is dedicated and passionate about providing the best hair colours according to the health and ecology of the customers.
It is an advanced naturally derived hair colour formula comes with a colour cream, an activator, An after colour treatment, and safety gloves in one pack.
If you are searching for a permanent hair colour without any side-effects go for this.
2. L’Oreal Paris Casting Hair Colour – Best Hair Color For Women
- A non-ammonia hair colour that gives natural looking colour with visible shimmering tones and a glossy shine
- Gives your hair a total beauty treatment as the No ammonia formula covers grey
- Gives you the richness of natural color that lasts up to 28 shampoos
L’Oreal is a famous name among all the hair care products in India and more than 25 countries. Since 2007 till now, the brand has flourished for its scientifically proven beauty products especially working with the women employees.
The main specialty of this hair colour is that the glossy and shiny effect lasts up to 28 shampoos you have done. It gives an ultra glossy visibly shimmering tone to your hair with the royal jelly it contains
If you are thinking to colour your hair for a 1st time, this hair colour of L]Oreal will be best for you.
3. L’Oreal Dark Brown Hair Colouring Cream – Best Hair Color For Men
- Consumers desiring rich, deep, intense color and perfect coverage of white hair
- Long-lasting, radiant color with rich, natural tones
- Development time : 35 minutes
As we have mentioned above, L’Oreal is a famous name among all the hair care products in India and more than 25 countries. Since 2007 till now, the brand has flourished for its scientifically proven beauty products especially working with the women employees.
This hair takes only 35 minutes to cover all the white hairs perfectly and lifts up to 2-3 levels. It gives your hair a long-lasting radiant colour with rich natural tones up to 45 days.
In spite of little costly, this hair colour will give you full satisfaction worth to your money with 100% coverage to all your white hair.
4. Schwarzkopf Ammonia Free Permanent Colour – Best Professional Hair Color brand
- Permanent Color
- Dark Brown
Schwarzkopf is well-known as the home of beautiful hairs for its authentic and professional hair care for the customers. It provides the hair colours in all shades and for each hair type. Before selecting this to keep in our top list of hair colours we discussed with some professional beauticians about this product. And we got all the positive response from them.
It is one of the best hair colour fit for any Indian hair tone for both men and women.
5. Bigen Speedy Hair Colour – Quick Coloring
- Quantity: 40g (Conditioner 1) and 40g (Conditioner 2); Item Form: Cream
- 5 minutes speedy darkening. Easy application with comb; Enrich and moisturize your hair. Variety of natural shades
- Natural herbal extracts Ideal for touch-ups. Gentle smell; Color: Natural Black
Bigen, which is known as the origin of beauty has spreaded its wings more than 70 countries all over the world. All the hair care products of this brand are suitable for all the genders.
It contains the vital-moisturizing formula BHCC which protects your hair from getting dry and becoming rough after colouring. It contains 6 types of herbal extracts like fennel, balm mints, hops, mistletoe, chamomile, and yarrow.
This is one of the best hair colour ideal for them who wants to colour their hair in minutes. It is completely fit for today’s first forward life where you want everything speedy.
6. BBLUNT Salon Secret Creame Hair Colour – For Ultra Shine(Choice Of Celebrities)
- A revolutionary 3-part hair colour for salon-like gorgeous hair at home
- Colourant and Developer complimented by a Shine Tonic enriched with Silk Proteins
- Gives 100% grey coverage, lasts up to 8 weeks and is Ammonia-free
BBLUNT is quite popular among the celebrities of India for its longlasting high shine formulised hair colours for eacch hair type. It has its own salon and spas in all the metro cities of India which attracts its customers to give professional like hair shine.
It is best for them who are inclined towards the celebrity glamour. It gives you a glamorous look instantly.
How To Choose A Hair Colour
Choosing the best hair colour for you depends upon the type of hair you have. Each hair on your head grows 2-6 years before falling out and a single hair can give lots of information about your hair type. Each of your hair-strand contains the sweat, toxins, and the natural oil of your body.
Hence, before purchasing any hair product for yourself you have to test the density, porosity, texture, elasticity, and curl pattern. Here, we have given a brief idea about the test-processing of hair types you have.
Before purchasing a hair colour for 1st time go through the below-mentioned points thoroughly.
A. Hair Density
Part your hair in the middle looking at a mirror using your fingers or a comb.Now hold a chunk of hair in one side of the part and see the roots of hair from different angles.Now estimate your hair density as per the visible scalp area.
- If you don’t see the scalp at all you have a thick density of hair.
- If you see a little part of scalp you have a medium density of hair.
- Lots of visible scalp means you have thin hair density.
You need to choose the amount of hair product as per the density of your hair.
B. Hair Texture
Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner regimen.Let your hair be dry without using a hairdryer.Take a 7-8 inch of normal thread and a strand of hair from the middle of your scalp and set them on a paper side by side.Now compare the hair strand with the thread.
- If the thickness of the hair is thinner than the thread you have a texture of thin hair.
- If both are of the same thickness you have a texture of medium hair.
- You have a thick texture of hair if the hair strand is thicker than the thread.
Wash your hair thoroughly with your regular shampoo an conditioner regimen.Partially dry your hair with a towel after combing the hair in parts.Now take chunks of hair on your hand and feel them to determine the porosity of your hair.
- If your hair is dried completely you have low porosity.
- If the hairs are pretty wet but not sticky you have medium porosity.
- In case, if the hair is sticky and takes a long time to dry you have high porosity.
D. Oiliness Of Hair
Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner regimen.Let dry the hair without using a hairdryer.Let your hair sit for 8-12 hours or overnight.In the next morning take a tissue paper and press on your scalp to check the oiliness.
- If the oil residue on the tissue paper you have oily hair.
- A trace of oil on the tissue paper means you have medium hair.
- If there is no oil on the paper you have dry hair.
- If the tissue paper has the residue of oil in one part and not in another part you have a combination hair.
Pull a strand of freshly washed and towel dried hair.Stretch the strand of hair.Now observe what happens to the hair strand when you pull it to check the elasticity of your hair.
- If the hair strand expands and takes time to break you have high elasticity and very strong hair.
- If the hair takes a short time to stretch before the break you have a medium elasticity of hair.
- When the hair breaks immediately you have a low elasticity of hair.
F. Curl Pattern
Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner regimen.Let the hair dried without using a hairdryer.Now determine the curl pattern of your hair as the pattern created by Andre Walker, the hair stylist of Oprah Winfrey.
- The straight hair has no curve at all.
- The Wavy hair does not curl much after dried.
- The hair is curly with an S shape and holds a definite curl pattern.
- If the hair is tightly coiled and kinky and with a Z pattern you have a coiled hair.
We have given the selection process of the hair types to make it easy for you when you are choosing any hair products including hair colour. We have also selected all the hair colours according to the Indian hair tone for both men and women. You can find everything as per the need of your hair and style in these selected best hair colours. So, now it is time to opt for one of the best hair colour for you.