Juicers have become a must have home appliance in mordern India. So the market is flooded with juicers in various shapes and sizes. Looking at this huge market choosing the best juicer could become a daunting task.You have to look at the speed, maintenance, warranty, ease of use, noise and many more. These factors could be too much for you.
Don’t worry. We have reduced your trouble to a great extent. We explored 21 juicers available in the market, and brought them to our team for testing and also interviewed 7 experts of juicers.After 72 hours of testing we have compiled a list of seven juicers that passed the tests like speed, maintenance, ease of use, price, warranty and power.
If you like to learn more about our testing process, navigate to a section where we talk about the our test processes. We have also created Buying Guide to help you decide the best product suitable for you.
Our Top Choice
Best Juicer In India
1. Phillips Viva Collection HR 1863/20 2-Litre – Best For Carrots & Beets
- This product does not require installation. Please contact brand customer care for any product related queires;Squeeze every...
- Clean within 1 minute , Cord length :1 m;Easy to use
- Material: Aluminium;Jug Material: SAN jug and PS cover
Phillips is one of the well known brands when it comes to home appliances. They have years of experience in designing products for Indian consumers.
Great thing about it is you can process whole vegetables or fruits without slicing or chopping them. Hence, it makes the juicing process much easier and faster.We used vegetables and fruits of all shapes and sizes. Due its 75 mm wide feeding tube, we were able squeeze biggest of apples available with us.
Once the juices were made, our team tested how easy it was to clean. Suprisingly, it was easy to clean. Though it is advertised clean in one minute, it took about 2-3 minutes to clear out the pulp and wash it. But 2-3 minute is still quick.In order to clean the sieve, we used only a simple kitchen sponge and a utensil cleaning bar. It did the trick. Smooth surface of sieve made it easy to clean.
Lastly, the company offers two years on of warranty on this product which is great when compared to some other juicers in the market.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Powerful motor.
- Easy to use.
- Very attractive and compact design.
- Cord storage space beneath its base.
- No cleaning brush provided in the package.
- It jerks a little when first switched on.
- No food preparation manual.
If you are looking for powerful and easy to clean juicer then Phillips Viva Collection HR 1863should be your choice.
2. AGARO 33293 Imperial: Value For Money
- Cold press process for maximum juice extraction and nutrients retention;Easy to assemble, operate, and clean
- Large 74mm Feeding Tube I Can process whole fruits like orange & apple;Screw Shaped Pulverizing auger to squeeze last drop of...
- 100% BPA free Plastic;Dense juice with practically no air bubbles
If you are ready to invest in a good juicer, then you should go for the AGARO Imperial slow juicer. Though it is the most expensive juicer that we reviewed, the features justify the price of the device.
One of the most impressive things about this juicer is that you won’t find any problem if any fruit pulp gets clogged in the device. It has a reverse button that throws out the pulp and prevents it from clogging up the juicer.
Besides those amazing features, we loved that this juicer is super easy to clean and assemble. Moreover, you can use this juicer to make slushes, smoothies, and even sorbets. Though the juicer is a bit expensive, it is perfect for everyday use.
- BPA free parts
- Long feeding chute
- Reverse button
- Advanced cold-pressed technology
- 1-year warranty
- Can process whole fruits
- Reverse button prevents pulp clogging
- Extracts maximum nutrients
- Provides with thick juice
- Easy to maintain
- None found
The AGARO Imperial slow juicer is our personal favorite. It is super strong, durable, and is perfect to make everyday juice and smoothies. If you want a good juicer and are ready to invest a good amount of money, then this is the juicer that you should get.
3. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre 400-Watt – Best Under 5000
- This product does not require installation. please contact brand customer care for any product related queires.
- Material housing: ABS Plastic and Material jug: PP Plastic; Material pulp container and pusher: ABS, SAN
- Drip stop, compact design, QuickClean technology, smooth and easy to clean, Frequency: 50/60 Hz; Direct serve, QuickClean...
Phillips Viva Collection HR 1832 is similar in many ways to HR 1863. Only difference is in capacity and power. It boasts 1.5 litres capacity and 400 watt motor.
After that we tested the sieve. Cleaning it with a simple kitchen sponge was easy. Even the feed was wide enough to accommodate big fruits like apple without cutting it.At a time it was able to squeeze out 1.5 litres of juice, which may be less compared to HR 1863 model but enough for a family of four.
We included this product in our list just because it offered the easy to use and clean feature of HR 1863 model but at slightly reduced prices. Only compromise you make with this model is on capacity and power.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Compact design.
- Process hard vegetables as well as fruits.
- Drip stop to prevent juicer from dripping.
- No proper instruction on dismantling the juicer for cleaning purpose.
This product is only for those who want a powerful juicer at reasonable price.
4. Wonderchef Nutri-Blend 400 Watts – Best Under Rs 3000
- Performance with Style: India's favourite Mixer-Grinder-Blender, Nutriblend, is the perfect combination of superior...
- Stainless Steel Blades: Super quality surgical stainless steel blades are able to grind everything and stay sharp despite...
- Specialised Functions: The Long Jar (500ml) comes with 4-wing blade for mixing-blending and the Short Jar (300ml) with 2-wing...
Wonderchef is decade old company founded by a household name Sanjeev kapur. Sanjeev Kapur is a trustworthy name when it comes to kitchen. Most of the products of this company are for the kitchen.
Our team tested it with different vegetables and fruits. With soft fruits it worked really well. However, you will have to separate the pulp manually.As for vegetable, task is little harder. Especially, with fibrous vegetables. However, this product is perfect for those who have budget constraints and require a machine that does little bit of every task.
Apart from its squeezing power, cleaning is easy. We worked with both 500 ml and 300 ml jars included in the package. Simple kitchen sponge and utensil cleaning bar did the job.Compared to a masticating and cold press juicers, it did make little noise in tests but mostly it depends on the food item you are processing.
- Easy to operate.
- Easy to clean.
- Detachable parts.
- Non skid rubber footing.
- Usable for other tasks like mixing and grinding.
- No separation of pulp.
- Lower capacity.
We like the product because it’s perfect for someone who wants a multitasking machine. This Wonderchef juicer fulfills that and with in budget.
5. Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt – Best For Big Fruits & Vegetables
- Content: Prestige centrifugal Juicer- Pcj 7.0;Net quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 500W;Warranty: 1 year
- Dual locking system for safety;500 watts heavy duty motor
Prestige is well known brand in Indian market. It’s known for reliable and budget friendly home appliances. Even the experts we interviewed spoke highly of prestige.
When we switched it on for the first time, it didn’t work. No , the juicer wasn’t faulty but it had a dual locking system that was supposed to be set in order to work.Once the lock was set we switched it on again and it worked. We thought being a centrifugal juicer this safety system was perfectly justified. No one wants their kids or loved accidently put a hand in the juicer.
While testing the juices it made, we observed that with softer fruits, juice came out pulpy. Not much, just little.
Lastly, rest of the things like cleaning and maintaining was easy. An utensil cleaner will work fine on it.
- Easy to use.
- Can squeeze any kind of fruit or vegetable.
- Design is beautiful and light in weight.
- Cheaper price for an advanced juicer.
- Great safety system.
- Little noisier than other competitive juicers.
- No protective cushion for jars.
One of the best jucier which is within budget and also has power of premium range juicier.
6. Sujata Powermatic PM 900-Watt – Most Powerful Pick
- Warranty: 2 year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase;Includes: 1 unit Motor, 1 Jucier attachment...
- Most powerful 900 watts motor with double ball bearings for efficiency, low maintenance and trouble free running for...
- 22000 rpm operation- retains flavor and aroma of juices and food;90 mins. continuous running- suitable for longer usage
Sujata is well known company when it comes to juicer mixer or grinder. They have 40 years of experience in these kind of products. Most of the products are well within the budget of an average Indian.
When we first switched it on, we were amazed. It could process any kind of fruit or vegetable easily, be it soft or hard, it didn’t matter. We continuously ran it for 20 minutes but it kept going. Other juicers might have heated up, but it was as fine as 20 minutes ago.
Though we felt that design could have been little compact. But the reasonable price and sturdy design makes up for it. The body and other parts are sturdy. Almost unbreakable. Sujata has created a perfect Indian product. Cheap, beautiful and durable.
- Strong body and unbreakable parts.
- Continues processing.
- Powerful motor.
- Easy to clean pulp.
- Easy to use.
- May increase your electricity bill.
- Beast like design.
If you want a powerful juicer that fits your purse, then powermatic is just perfect for you.
7. Bajaj Majesty JX 4 450-Watt – Best Combo Mixer Grinder
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time. This is due to the motor...
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, please...
- Powerful 450 watts optimum speed motor
Bajaj is mostly known for electrical products but had been in electronics market for long period offering Indian consumers some great budget friendly products.
We observed a burning smell when we operated the machine for the first time. But our experts said this model does this when it is switched on for the first time, as the motor varnish is heats up for the first time, it smells like the is burning. When used it several times the smell vanished.
However, machine is sturdy and can be used for long period. The company also offers 2 years of warranty on product and 5 years on motor. It seems a great deal.
Our team do agree this the top juicer under 3000. Anyone with tight budget could go for it.
- Best for tight budget
- Work with all kinds of fruits and vegetables.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- 5 years warranty on motor.
- Making juice is little messy.
If you are looking for a product that can do most of the work in kitchen and fits your budget, then you must go for it.
8. Philips HR2771 0.5-Litre – Best Electric Juicer Under 2000
- Power: 25 watts;Warranty: 2 years on product
- Operating voltage: 220 volts;Volume indication; Low noise level;Easy to pour and clean
- 2 way random rotation for efficient juice extraction;Includes: Juicer, Instruction manual and Warranty card
If you don’t want any fancy or advanced juicer, you just need juicer for making simple orange juice, then we have a simple juicer on our list.Philips HR2771 is simple citrus press juicer. It is one of the best juicer under 2000.
Cleaning seive was also simple as it can be removed easily and can be cleaned under running water. As it was limited only to citrus fruits, nothing much was there in terms of setting. But it worked smoothly with fruits of different sizes.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Power cord is stowed inside the body itself.
- Sturdy body and parts
- Works only with citrus fruit.
Probably the best juicer for those who only plan to use the juicer for squeezing orange or lime juice.
At present, there are so many brands and comapnies that manufacture same products with various features, and price range, it almost confuses the buyer. Should I go for the most advanced? Should I go for more budget friendly option? Which juicer meets my needs? There are so many questions circling a consumer’s mind.
To answers these questions, we created a comprehensive guide to the help you make the right decision.
- Good for making quick juice.
- Good for individual consumption.
- Does not take more space than the kitchen.
- Works great for hard vegetables.
- Can’t used for making large quantity.
- Fast oxidation of juice.
- Cannot extract the out of leafy vegetables.
- Usually noisy.
- No oxidation.
- Juice can be stored.
- Works with green leafy vegetables.
- Can create more juice.
- Pre cutting is required.
- It is generally expensive.
- Takes time to create juice.
- May produce pulpy juice.
- Works with citrus fruits
- No oxidization
- Uses less power
- Minimal noise
- Cannot be used for vegetables
- Very slow
- Usually pulpy.
Factors To Consider While Buying
While buying the perfect juicer for yourself, there are a number of factors to consider like types of juicer, power, capacity, budget, brand, cleaning, noise etc.
1. Easy To Operate & Clean
If you are looking for a juicer to use regularly, then cleaning and maintenance would be a key factor. You not only want a machine that is easy to maintain but ready to operate within the, if you are busy schedule.
A juicer with faster extractor will be the best option for you. However, such juicers don’t allow you to store juices for long period. You will have to consume as you make it. We suggest you go for Phillips Viva Collection HR 1863or Philips Viva Collection HR1832.Both are really easy to clean. Take only 2-3 minutes.
Slow juicers will give you the option of making large quantity but it will take time. But once you have made juice, you can have juice several times a day. If you want this option, consider buying Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer.It is also easy to clean with simple kitchen soap and utensil cleaning bar.
Price is the biggest factor for any consumer. If you are on a tight budget go for the value for money option like Wonderchef Nutri-Blend 400 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder . It does everything for you.
We have created list of top juicers in India that have products in price range of around Rs. 1000 to Rs. 6000. If you have enough budget, go for the best and advanced juicer.If you are on a budget but still want the best, we advice you to get Philips Viva Collection HR1832 or Sujata Powermatic PM 900-Watt Juicer.
However, if you are on really tight budget, you can use the machine that has it all and cost is also low. Best options would be Wonderchef Nutri-Blend 400 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder, Bajaj Majesty JX 4 450-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder or Philips HR2771 0.5-Litre Citrus Press.Though, you may be compelled to choose the cheapest of all products but remember you may lose money with a low quality product. Never compromise quality for money.
If think you can handle a little noise, think again. As the machine ages it gets noisy. You don’t want a machine that not only wakes you up but also your neighbours.Mostly centrifugal juicer are the most noisier ones. And of course cheaper products will always make noises.If you want to maintain peace at your home we advise you to get masticating juicers as they are the quietest like Phillips Viva Collection HR 1863 or Philips Viva Collection HR1832.
Power is a huge factor if you are a juice fanatic. And especially if you are looking to juice hard vegetables. Hard vegetables require juicer with powerful motor.Hard vegetables include fibrous vegetables like carrot, beet or wheatgrass. For such vegetables, minimum power required is around 400 watt.Of course using high power juice will cost you some money on your electricity bills. But in long run you will enjoy better health as you will enjoy high quality juice.
Warranty is a promise from the company that their product will work perfectly for a certain period and if any issue arises they will take care of it for free. Most of the brands offer around 2 years of warranty on their product. Phillips offers two years through out their product range.Some brands also offer exteded warranty on parts like Sujata offer 5 years of warranty on the motor beyond two years on the whole product. Cheaper brands will always lack warranty so stay away from them.
It differs person to person. Every individual has different need and different budget. Find what are your need and how much you can spend, then choose a product that suits your criteria.
Consuming juice regularly does have its benefits but there is no proof that consuming juice daily detoxify the body. Doctors also advice not to replace your meals with liquid diet. Adding them to your normal diet is fine.If you want to know more about detoxification, contact your nutritionist.
It depends on your needs. Do you need quality juice or quantity of juice?If you are looking for Speed centrifugal juicers are the best. And if you are looking for quality then masticating juicers are the best.
The best juicer brands are Philips, Wonderchef, Prestige, and Bajaj.
A good brand juicer lasts you for good 7-9 years provided you maintain it well. Juicer blades last for years even when used on a regular basis and when rough handling is avoided.
Juicers which can extract both vegetable and fruit juices are best for everybody. A good one in India is the Philips Viva Collection Juicer.
All the big brands give a warranty on the juicer motor which may start from 1 year and can high up to 5 years. But, most of them do not give warranty on the attachment unless its a manufacturing defect.
How We Conducted the Tests?
We headed to the store and checked out all the juicers available. Out of all we considered 14 juicers from reputed brands, researched for almost 72 hours and interviewed 5 experts to create a list of best juicer in India.
We also checked Amazon reviews and other review sites like mouthshut.com to the understand how the products have been working for daily users.
We were able get access to the brand managers of the different juicers which helped us to find more about the working, features and prices of the products. Based on all the information, we tested the juicers for speed, capacity, and maintenance. Based on our test we have come up with a table that shows scores for different parameters of each product.
|Product Name||Speed||Power||Cleaning||Overall Performance||Price|
|Philips HR2771 0.5-Litre Citrus Press||92.3||93.4||96.4||94.2|
|Bajaj Majesty JX 4 450-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder (Ivory Colour)||95.2||96.2||94.6||95.6|
|Sujata PM 900 watt||97.2||98.6||94.6||95.8|
|Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer||96.8||95.8||94.4||96|
|wonderchef Nutri-Blend 400 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder||97.2||96.2||94.6||96.2|
|Phillips Viva Collection HR 1832||96.8||97.4||98||97.6|
|Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer (Black/Silver)||97.6||98.2||98.6||98.2|
There is no way to say which is best juicer. Only way to find out perfect juicer for you is to know what are your needs, and how much you can spend? Based on that information go through our guide and list and find the best suitable juicer for you.
However, make sure you do not just look for the cheapest option because cheap doesn’t last long but look for product that has balance of quality and value for money.
Leave a Reply