A good knife set is the jewellery of a kitchen which is a good investment and it must be for a long time. To help you get the best knife sets in India, we spent more than 10 days and compared about different features of 15 products which can meet all your requirements like chopping, mincing, cutting, and peeling. We discussed with 5 experts about the good edge, retention, and toughness of knives and find out the Amazon Brand Solimo Premium Chef's Knife as our editors choice in the top of the list and the Prestige Tru-Edge Knife Set as our runner up choice.
Best Knife Set In India
1. Amazon Brand – Solimo Premium Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife – Editors Choice
- High-carbon stainless-steel blades for sharp edges
- Chef's knife is ideal for slicing, mincing & chopping vegetables & meat
- Triple-rivet handles ensure a comfortable, stable & secure grip
Though Amazon brand doesn’t need any introduction we are giving you a little information about this most popular brand all over the world which is enough for this brand. It is a private-label brand which offers lots of goods from home to health. It was launched in 2009 and became the best-selling private-label brand by 2017. Amazon brand sells more than 450 goods of its own brand in the whole world. Amazon builds the portfolio of private labels across categories.
Our team selected this Amazon Brand Solimo Premium Chef's Knife as our editors choice in the list of top sets in India because of its several action formulas which are popular among chefs. That’s why it is called as the chef’s knife. Solimo is a brand of Amazon which has been licensed to a seller in India who sources and procures the products and brings them in the market. Each of its products is carefully built to deliver exceptional quality.
- Contains high-carbon stainless-steel blades for sharp edges.
- Ideal for slicing, mincing and chopping both the vegetables and meat.
- The triple-riveted handle gives a comfortable grip.
- As per the users review it is good for cutting vegetables but meat.
This 8 inches of chef’s sword is ideal for the beginners because of its high degree of stability which provides you excellent grip to save your fingers while cutting.
2. Prestige Tru-Edge Set With Wooden Block – Runner up
- Content: Prestige Trueedge Knfie Set (Consisting Of : Chef's Knife -1U, Cook's Kinfe-1U, Paring Kinfe-1U, Utility Kinfe-1U,...
- Knives that do not need sharpening , Knives with stainless steel blades and attractive handles , Net Quantity: 7 Unit
- Tempered steel blades for strength, sharpness and durability
Prestige Limited is an Indian company which is popular for manufacturing kitchen appliances and cookware. It was owned by Sri Chandubhai Bhadania in 1999 and become popular as Prestige India. The products of prestige brand are the higher-end brands includes Urban Decay, LORAC, Benefit, Tarte, Too Faced, etc. You can get all the kitchen appliances of prestige at the best prices all over India.
We choose the Prestige Tru-Edge Set as our runner up choice because of its high defination serrations for everyday food preparation. This set contains 5 pieces of multiple kitchen knives which comes under the top category of knife sets in India. All the knives of this set comes with different blade shapes and sizes to cut the food items differently.
- All the knives come with tempered steel blades to stay rust-free.
- Help in easy, smooth, and hassle-free cutting.
- Contour moulded handles for a firm grip.
- Comes with a wooden block to store the knives.
- Didn’t find anything.
Whether you are a chef, homemaker, or a beginner this knife set can work wonders for you in the kitchen.
3. Amazon Brand -Solimo Premium High-Carbon Stainless Steel – Best For Professionals
- High-carbon stainless-steel blades for sharp edges;Triple-rivet handles ensure a comfortable, stable & secure grip
- Chef's knife & Utility knife is ideal for slicing, mincing & chopping vegetables & meat;Paring knife is ideal for peeling and...
- Chef's knife: Size of blade - 8 inches; Size of handle - 5 inches;Utility knife: Size of blade - 5 inches; Size of handle -...
As we have mentioned above that though Amazon brand doesn’t need any introduction we are giving you a little information about this most popular brand all over the world which is enough for this brand. It is a private-label brand which offers lots of goods from home to health. It was launched in 2009 and became the best-selling private-label brand by 2017. Amazon brand sells more than 450 goods of its own brand in the whole world. Amazon builds the portfolio of private labels across categories.
Our team selected the Amazon Brand Solimo Premium Knife Set because of its professional quality of features. Solimo is a brand of Amazon which has been licensed to a seller in India who sources and procures the products and brings them in the market. Each of its products is carefully built to deliver exceptional quality.
- High-carbon stainless steel blades.
- Firm grip.
- Promotes reliable cutting accuracy.
- Triple-riveted construction.
- We didn’t find any cons.
This is one of the best knife set for Indian cooking.
4. Pigeon By Stovekraft – Best Budget Pick
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Contoured handles for soft grip
- Hollow ground edges
Pigeon is a flagship brand of Stove Kraft, is a leading manufacturer of kitchen appliances and cookware was established in 1978. It is one of the popular brands in India and got the best company of India award in Oct 2018. It is popular for a wide range of modern kitchen appliances for budget-conscious customers.
We selected the Pigeon Knife Set to keep in the list of best knife sets in India because of its availability of good product in low cost. You will get aset of 3 pieces of high-quality knives to fulfil all the cutting necessities of your cooking in a low budget.
- Superior quality stainless steel.
- Ideal for cutting, slicing, dicing, and shredding.
- Contoured handles with soft grip.
- Hollow ground edges.
- We found only the bigger one are working great.
This is one of the good knife set in India for money.
5. Godrej Cartini Set – Most Durable
- Perfect Paring Knife: Special compact size of blades for precise peeling performance
- Easy Chopping Knife: Special blade for multi-purpose cutting
- Fine Dicing Knife: King-size blade makes slicing precise and easy
Godrej company comes under the top ten best home appliance brands in India and quite popular among its customers. It is popular for manufacturing the products like home appliances, soap, hair care, toiletries, and liquid detergents. It was founded by Ardeshir Godrej and Burjorji Godrej in 1897.
We selected the Godrej Cartini Knife Set because of its durability. It is one of the best set for cooking in India. All the 3 pieces of knives are ideal for cutting meat and vegetables along with the leafy vegetables also.
- Rust Resistant.
- Hollow ground blades.
- Non-toxic polypropylene handles.
- Suitable to wash in dishwasher.
- Didn’t find anything.
This is one of the best brand of knife set in India.
6. Renberg Stainless Steel (Set of 6 pieces) – Best For Home
- The knife set comes with four different knives.
- A scissors is included as well in the set.
- The colour black is maintained for the knives and the scissors.
Renberg is a private Indian company popular for its home appliances and kitchen accesories. Almost all the 50 products are capable to fulfill all the needs of an Indian kitchen.
- Sharp and narrow blades.
- Ergonomic handles for stress-free cutting.
- Firm grip.
- Didn’t find anything.
This is one of the top knife set for beginners for cooking.
Before purchasing a knife set for your kitchen it is important to consider the type of knife set you need. You must consider the handling, durability, quality, strength, and endurance of the knives also. While shopping you will find that not all the knives are equal in style or in purpose basis. Therefore, you will find that there are many to choose from as per your need and you must have your own idea of what the best is for you. We are also here to ease your task with some buying guide.
While shopping you will find different shapes and sizes of knives in a knife set for a variety of needs in cooking such as:
- 20-23cm of a knife which is known as A Chef’s knife used for cutting, chopping, mincing, and dicing.
- 13cm of a knife used for a wide range of cutting foods and basically it is the 1st choice of a knife because of doing many things.
- 8cm of a knife known as vegetable or pairing knife used for cutting, peeling, and trimming the small food items by holding in your hand.
- A serrated knife used for cutting bread, cake, fruit, and tomatoes.
- A knife is known as cleaver knife used for chopping herbs and serious pieces of meat.
- To fillet fish, a knife is there known as a filleting knife.
These are the types of knives you will find in the market. But it is up to you to choose the knives you need. For example, if you are not a lover of filleting fish or chopping meat it is best to avoid these knives in your knife set. You will find the sets without these knives also.
While shopping it is recommended to hold each knife in your hand to check the perfect handling of the knives. You must check the comfortability of the grip which must sit well in your hand. Or else there are chances of dangerous injuries while cutting. Never buy without testing the knives on your own.
3. Density And Strength Of The Steel
You must know that any signs of welding or joining in the knife indicates the poor strength of the product. These knives should be avoided as this is the weak point of a knife and more likely to break or bend at this welding or joining point. Keep it in mind that the best knives are made up of a single piece o steel with good density. These are hand-forged and cost-prohibitive.
It is ideal to go for a lightweight knife which is good for cutting harder ingredients like ginger, nuts, palm sugar, etc with good speed and precision. For chopping the lighter ingredients you need a heavy one. Therefore, it is essential to feel the weight of each product.
5. Balance While Cutting
A well-balanced knife has not too much weight either in the handle or the blade which makes any cutting action easier and requires less effort as well. It also offers far less strain on your arm while cutting.
To check the balance, place your finger at the finger grip ar the hilt and hold it horizontally with the cutting edge down. A well-balanced knife will balance at that point and never fall off your finger.
The hilt of the knife should be solid, well-joined, and easy to clean as it is like a conduit where the strain of the pressing on the handle travels through into the blade. A plastic or thin hilt with and evidence of join or weld is not the ideal one. These type of hilts trap portions of the food during cutting and breed bacteria because of the trouble of cleaning.
The handle of a knife is the most important part.Basically, it is made up of wood, plastic, toughened raisins, and other strong materials. You may also find some old fashioned knives which have the handles made of bone. But we will suggest you opt for a stronger handle for your safety while cutting as the low density or softwoods or other low-density materials are not recommended for knife handles.
8. Quality Of The Blade
The most important thing to consider is the quality of the blade in a knife and what is the material. It is ideal to pick the ceramic blade which can be sharpened to scalpel quality. It holds its sharpness for a long time without getting rust. But the demerit of this type of knife is extremely fragile and can break easily.
The carbon steel or non-stainless steel knives are good knives with a good edge. They are easy to sharpen but you must be protective to the knives not to be rust. You can find many sets made up of stainless steel blade which are cheap and can blunt quickly. They also take a long time to be sharp again.
It is best to go for high-carbon stainless steel knives which do not rust and can sharpen easily. They are harder and hold their edge better. Avoid the knives which claim to never need sharpening. They are not even sharper begin with and also can not be sharpened.
9. Width Of The Cutting Edge
It is necessary to look at the thickness and smoothness of the blades of a knife set. You can find the knives are polished and their cutting edge should run the full length from tip to the hilt. It is ideal to avoid the serrated chef’s knives as they can be very unsafe and dangerous. The best quality of the knife is made up of diamond steel which can cost a lot but gives a fine edge.
10. Maintain The Sharpness
The sharpness and quality of the knives depend upon the maintenance. The best quality knife can be damaged without proper maintenance. It can be damaged without proper care. The cutting board also plays an important role in this matter. It is best to use a plastic cutting board for the longevity of your knives. Do not allow anybody to use your knife as the pressure is not the same while cutting. It can damage the sharpness and shape of the knife.
We are sure that now you can choose the best knife set for your kitchen after going through this article. We have given almost all the necessary information about the best knives. But only purchasing a good set is not enough as the storage of them also important. Do not let the knives to touch one another. You can find some sets with their own storage box. It is best to wrap them in cotton pouches to retain their sharpness for a long time.
Leave a Reply