It is said that a perfume says more about a woman than her hand writing. It creates an invisible presence of the woman that lingers in a room after the wearer has gone. By infused with these sayings we tested more than 15 perfumes for about 10 hours and discussing with four experts before choosing the best perfumes for women in India. We found the Guess Eau de Toilette, Girl as the editor’s choice and Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua EDP as the runner-up.
Our test procedure was mainly based on the long-lasting fragrance of the perfumes, three forms of notes, based on seasons, skin type, etc. You can get a clear idea by navigating our “Buying Guide of Perfumes” section at the end of this article.
Best Perfume For Women In India
1. Guess Eau de Toilette, Girl – A Perfume That Men Love
- High quality product
- It is eau de toilette
- Has good fragrance
Guess Eau de is an authorized distributor of perfumes in India. We selected this Guess Eau de Toilette, Girl as the best perfume for girls in India because of its seductive and floral-fruity fragrance. This perfume has all the international qualities of flavor and fragrance to be a signature perfume for you.
If you are searching for a romantic imported fragrance this perfume is the best choice.
2. Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua EDP For Women – Best Women Perfume For All Day
- Embrace your femininity with the delicious floral scents of the calvin klein eternity aqua EDT
- Sure to add an attractive touch to your classy wardrobe, this fragrance has everything you’re looking for in a signature...
- Delicate, yet sexy, this scintillating perfume is not one to miss
Calvin Klein is one of the trusted brands specializes in perfumery, lifestyle accessories, jewellery, watches, and ready-to-wear products. It is an American luxury fashion brand established in 1968 offers modern and sophisticated styles for women and men for all its manufactured products.
3. Davidoff Cool Water For Women – Best Female Perfume In The World
- Let the cool ocean breeze take over your senses, even as it works its way to your body and leaves you with a refreshing...
- Fragrance Notes: Top fruity notes prominently give out the juicy fragrance of lemon, blackcurrent and pineapple, the floral...
- Directions: Spray once to get a strong, distinctive fragrance.
Davidoff Cool Water is a trusted Swiss brand launched in 1988 created by Pierre Bourdon. He was the one of the 1st fragrances for men to pioneer the aquatic theme and to offer a fresh and masculine fragrance. By looking at the craze of this perfume he created the same fragrance for women in 1996 with giving it a feminine touch.
This is suitable for them who likes mild fragrance but longlasting.
4. Skinn Celeste Perfume For Women – Best Affordable Perfumes For Ladies In India
- 100 percent original product by Skinn, titan
- Packaging suitable for travel purpose, crafted in USA
- Perfumer Harry Fremont
Skinn Titan is a French brand of perfumes is one of the best selling perfumes for women in India. It is a combination of Titan the best international fragrance expertise and one of the trusted brands in India the Skinn.
This perfume gives you a classy feeling and has the ability to impress others with the royal fragrance.
5. United Colours Of Benetton Eau de Toilette – Best Cheap Perfume For Ladies
No products found.
United colours of Benetton is an Italian brand globally famous for its original products. It has launched the best cheaper perfumes for women with international qualities and ingredients.
If you are looking for a fruity floral combination of fragrance this one is best for you.
Buying Guide – Considerations To Look For Before Buying A Perfume Online
It is quite difficult buying perfumes online without testing them. The best perfumes for women as we have selected above for you are by testing them offline to ease your task. But it is very necessary to get a clear idea about our testing process from which you can select the best one for you without testing online. Go through the points we are giving you below.
A. Know The Difference Between The Notes
Each perfume is categorized into three forms like top notes, middle note, and the base note. You can find the specifications of the notes listed on the product page of many of the perfumes. Each note is different from another. Let’s know about these differences in brief.
1. Top Note
Top note of a perfume is the fragrance you smell as soon as you apply. This note lasts only for the 1st 10-15 minutes. Actually, it is the 1st impression of the scent.
2. Middle Note
The middle note of perfume is also known as the heart note. It starts to smell after the smell of the top note vanishes. Actually, the middle note lasts only up to 30 minutes.
3. Base Note
When the smell of the middle note dissipates the smell of the base note starts. It lasts for 12-24 hours. The base note is known as the signature smell of the perfume. If you are a working person choose a mild base note for yourself.
B. Choose Perfumes As Per Seasons
Just like the clothes, the priority of the perfumes also changes as per the seasons. You have to choose a perfume for yourself based on the particular season. Let’s know in brief.
1. For Summer
The largest selling of perfumes occurs in India in the summer season. It is obvious that in summer, you sweated a lot and body also starts to odor just after sometimes of the wearing of perfumes. Therefore, you have to choose a perfume of fresh fragrances like an ocean breeze, aqua, water, and mint.
2. For Winter
In winter, the need for perfume is more in India because of less bathing due to cold. Therefore, choose a perfume with woody scents which is suitable for the winter season.
3. For Rainy Season
In the rainy season, you will find lots of moisture in the environment which affect your body a lot. Choose a perfume with oriental scents of cinnamon, litter spice or sandalwood.
C. Choose A Perfume As Per Skin Type
The fragrance of the perfume blends with our body odors and it completely depends on your skin PH value, skin type, and the hormones as well. Therefore, you have to choose one of the best perfume for yourself according to your skin type. Let’s get a clear idea in brief.
1. For Oily Skin
It is seen that almost all the perfumes suit if you have oily skin. The best fits for you are citrus, lemon, and zesty orange.
2. For Dry Skin
For dry skin, opt for the winter perfumes with woody scents.
3. For Sensitive Skin
For sensitive skin, opt for natural notes and avoid the perfumes made of artificial fragrances.
D. How To Make Your Perfume Last For A Long Time
Normally, each perfume evaporates after a few hours. But few hacks can help you to retain the smell of your perfume longer.
- Before applying the perfume it is best to apply the petroleum jelly to areas where you will apply the perfume. This petroleum jelly base makes the perfume cling to your skin and gives you smell good for a long time.
- It is best to spray the perfume on your body just after the bath. At that time the pores of your body open up and the body absorbs the fragrance to your warm skin and the smell lasts longer.
- After a few hours of wearing the perfume rub the applied area to reactive the scent again.
- Apply the perfume on the pulse points of your body like on the wrists, naval, cleavage area, and the collar bones.
It is not an easy task to find a signature fragrance or cologne to impress others and yes to yourself too. But it is also essential to store them safely after every using. Direct sunlight or extreme heat can break down the components of your perfume bottles. Therefore you must store the bottle in a cool dry place and from direct sunlight. Another point to remember that the shelf-life for a fragrance is 3 to 5 years. So, it is best to use them within their life period.