Making perfect round chapatis is not only difficult but altogether a cumbersome job. In Indian homes, roti is the main course item for almost all the meals.
A roti maker is a new innovation to help with roti making. With this, you can get soft fluffy rotis within minutes. Moreover, anybody can operate it. After the product was launched in the market, within a month many competitors came up with a variety of roti makers and made it difficult to find the best roti maker.
To help you out in buying the best roti makers in India we have come up with a list of top 5 roti makers in India. In our research, we have consulted top 15 models, undergone 24 hours of research, and interviewed 3 experts.
In addition to this, there is also a buying guide to help you choose the best roti maker for home. This will help you narrow down your requirement and choose the one that best fit your needs and choice.
Our Top Choice
Best Roti Makers In India
|BAJAJ VACCO 900W "Go-Ezzee" Non-Stick Chapati Maker||Teflon Non stick||900 W||Check Price|
|Prestige PRM 3.0 900-Watt Roti Maker||Non stick||900 W||Check Price|
|Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker||Non Stick||900 W||Check Price|
|Prestige 4M Roti Maker||Premium non-stick coating||900 W||Check Price|
|MOLO 900W Non-Stick Coated Roti Maker||Medium grade Non-stick||900 W||Check Price|
1. BAJAJ VACCO 900W “Go-Ezzee” Non-Stick Chapati Maker
- BAJAJ VACCO Electricals - Over 60 years old National Company with Tradition of High Quality and Un-conditional After Sales...
- Automatic Electric Chapati/Roti/Khakra Maker : The Product from BAJAJ VACCO has been crafted with utmost engineering...
- High quality components : The roti / chapati - maker has been made of superior quality tubular element. The tawa has been...
BAJAJ Vacco non-stick chapati maker is the most popular roti maker in Indian homes. It comes from a 60-year-old trusted company which is known for it high-quality home appliances and satisfactory after-sales service.
The Bajaj Vacco roti maker is fully automatic and does a wonderful job at making chapatis, pooris, parathas, rotis, and khakra. It is crafted with utmost care to make soft fluffy rotis in minutes. Further, it is portable in size so you can place it on your centre table and do the job of roti making when watching your favourite TV commercial.
This maker is made from the superior quality tubular element with a stainless steel outer body to enhance its life. The tawa is made from the best food-grade Teflon coated non-stick aluminium. The tawa size is 20.26 inches and is non-stick so that no roti or paranthas stick to it.
- An automatic cut-off features
- Non-stick tawa
- Heat resistant handles
- Power on indicator
- Durable stainless steel body
Bajaj vacco is the hottest selling best roti maker in India known for making soft fluffy rotis in minutes.
2. Prestige PRM 3.0 900-Watt Roti Maker
- Content: Prestige Roti Aker Prm 3.0 with Demo Cd
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Power Consumption: 900 W
Another best roti maker brand in India is Prestige. It is known for its amazing range of home electrical appliances. This particular roti maker can be the choice for people who love big size rotis.
Prestige roti maker can stand vertically with a winding power cord, this makes it space-saving. The outside body is stainless steel with a thick quality non-stick coating to make sure that the dough never sticks to its base. Further, there are indicators to allow easy operation. The red lights indicate the roti maker is on and the green light indicate that the base is still heating and when the green light turns off it suggests the make is ready to use.
You also get a demo CD along with the product that will guide you to make soft delicious rotis for your entire family.
- 1 year warranty
- Big size tawa
- Come with a demo CD
- Stainless steel body
- Adjustable temperature knob
Prestige roti maker is a good option for large families who prefer rotis for every meal.
3. Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker
- Uniform heating, Oil free cooking
- Food grade non stick coated cooking plate
- Warranty: 1 year on product
Sunflame is another home appliance brand in India known for its amazing quality products. And so, is this one.
This is actually a budget-friendly option for people who want to make quick rotis daily and without spending a bomb. It is known to offer the best cooking experience to users especially who are new into cooking.
The appliance work on 900 watts with uniform heating all over the tawa. With low voltage consumption, it is also energy efficient. You also get a demo CD with it to understand the roti making process well.
On the whole, an affordable roti maker especially for the working woman or a bachelor who has no time to struggle in the kitchen.
- Stainless steel body
- Comes with a demo CD
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Has an indicator
Sunflame roti maker is a good option for people who are looking for a budget friendly option to make rotis.
4. Prestige 4M Roti Maker
- Non stick coating which ensures that the dough never sticks to the base of the roti maker
- Adjustable temperature knob to control the temperature for makning perfect rotis
- Power indicators with red light that indicates roti maker is on and green light that indicates the base is heating
This one is the new version from Prestige brand. People prefer the Prestige 3M roti maker and the prestige 4M roti maker too. Both of them almost work same but the 4M version is more polished when it comes to looks.
Prestige 4M maker stands vertically with a winding power cord. This way it won’t occupy much of your kitchen space. You can fit it any corner shelf. The dough in this never sticks to its non-stick base just helping you make easy hassle-free rotis every time.
Further, it has an adjustable temperature knob that comes very convenient to make a variety of stuff like dosas, uttapam, pancakes, chillas, rotis, pooris, etc. You just have to set the temperature of the appliance as per the heat requirement of your dish for making delicious dishes in minutes.
Overall, a handy roti maker for large families.
- Temperature indicator
- Heat resistant handles
- Shockproof body
- An adjustable temperature knob
Prestige roti maker is a good option for large families as it wont heat up or fail to do its job when used for log hours.
5. MOLO 900W Non-Stick Coated Roti Maker
- 900W, 230V, 50Hz Dual Heating element Easy Large Handle for effortless operation Non Stick coated plates Indicator light Easy...
- Automatic cut-off feature with indicator light : What sets this roti / chapati - maker apart is that it has an pre-determined...
- Manufactured IN INDIA - Manufactured By H.B Industries.
Molo non-stick roti maker is another cost-friendly product in the market. You can use this one to make a variety of things from rotis to khakaras. This can be a blessing to you especially when making breakfast items like dosa, paranthas, rotis, and uttapam.
Molo roti maker has a stainless steel body with a non-stick tawa. It has an indicator light to help you guide when the appliance is ready to use. It works on 900watts which won’t consume much of electricity even when used on a regular basis and for all the three meals.
Lastly, it also has an automatic cut-off feature with indicator light to avoid shock. when the appliance reaches above the predetermined temperature the roti makes cuts off the heat supply and regulates the temperature to avoid unwanted accidents.
- Non-stick tawa
- Automatic cut-off feature
- Consumes 900 watts of electricity
Molo roti maker is extremely cheap roti maker having decent features and quality. We suggest it for only small families as its make is not ultra-durable.
Buying Guide – What Considerations To Look For When Buying An Automatic Roti Maker
Choosing the best roti maker when so many options are available in the market is quiet mindboggling. There is a sharp line that distinguishes one from the other. Nonetheless, there are specific requirements from indiviudal to individual that one should look for when choosing the best roti maker.
To help you out we have come up with a buying guide that would guide you to the crucial factors a roti maker should have.
1. Indicator Light
An indication on/off light is compulsory for all the roti makers. This not only prevents accidents but also guides you when the machine is ready to use.
2. Power Usage
You will be using the roti maker two to three times a day. So, you should make sure, it consumes less electricity and reduces your electricity bill. Make sure your roti maker works on 900watt to 1200 watt. This power supply consumes lesser electricity.
3. Outer And Inner Body
The outer body should be of durable quality stainless steel that is resistant to scratches. Moving on to the inner body, it would be good if the inner body has a non-stick coating. This will prevent sticking of the dough to the base and also allow for oil-free cooking.
Here we are talking about tawa size. If you want big rotis go for tawas with a bigger diameter and vice versa.
5. Shockproof Body with non-heating handle
This is very important to avoid accidents. Your roti makers should have a shockproof body and heat resistant handle.The shockproof body makes it possible for the users to protect against electric short circuit and voltage fluctuations.A heat-resistant handle can withstand high temperature and is not heated up when in use.
What Test Was Done To Choose The Best Roti Makers In India?
We tested each and every model of roti maker available in the market to sort out the best among them. We considered top 15 models, undergone 24 hours of testing, and interviewed three experts to sort out the top best geyser in India.
Our first step was chatting with the housewives and asking them what difficulty they face to make rotis and what kind of rotis they want. This gave us a complete idea of what we should look for in a roti maker. Next, we went to the brand manager to get a complete idea of how the roti maker works, what technology it is using, and what features it has. Additionally, we consulted three electrical engineers who are already in this testing field to understand the power consumption and the heating process.
We planned to purchase all the fifteen models for testing as the range of the products was falling in our budget. Next, we tested all of the using combinations of dough and water, different heating times, different handle pressing action, and for different kinds of Indian bread.
After doing several hit and trial and making around 75 rotis and comparing them we segregated the best five automatic roti makers in India. It took a little practice to make the perfect soft and fluffy rotis instantly. Nevertheless, the result were overwhelming. After the test, the roti makers were distributed among our team members.
We evaluated all the models on three prime factors time, durability, quality of rotis prepared, and overall performance. For the same, we have come up with a table analyzing the overall performance of each product in percentage.
|Product||Time||Durability||Overall Performance||Quality Of Rotis|
|BAJAJ VACCO 900W "Go-Ezzee" Non-Stick Chapati Maker||98||97||97.75||98|
|Prestige PRM 3.0 900-Watt Roti Maker||96||98||96.67||96|
|Sunflame RM1 900-Watt Roti Maker||95||95||95||95|
|Prestige 4M Roti Maker||93||98||94.67||93|
|MOLO 900W Non-Stick Coated Roti Maker||90||85||89||92|
How To Make Rotis In A Roti Maker?
To make the perfect roti in a roti maker you need practice. Don’t get disheartened if your roti does not come out perfectly in the first go. For everyone, it takes a few trials initially to make the perfect fluffy roti. For making the perfect we suggest to follow the below steps:
1. Prepare Soft Dough
Your dough should be soft than only your rotis will be soft. For making a soft dough add little more water than required and also sprinkle a few drops of refined oil.For preparing dough the measurement varies with the quantity. Roughly speaking, you need 150 -200 ml of water for a cup of flour and 1 tablespoon of oil. You can adjust the measurements as per your requirement.
2. Prepare The Roti Maker
- Plug in your roti maker, open the lid and turn on the power. Once the power is started indicator light is turned on.
- Wait for few minutes so that the tawa is heated well. Once the tawa is heated the indicator light turns off and your roti maker is ready for use.
3. Make Your Rotis
- Wear your glove to avoid any hand burns.
- Make a medium size ball and flatten it up. Next, place it in the centre of the tawa.
- Hold the top lid and the handle and quickly press the top lid first then the handle. Make sure your close the lid within 2 seconds otherwise your rotis would be hard and cracked. Then open the lid again.Now, wait for your flattened roti to bubble up a little.
- Once you see the bulbs on one side of the roti flip it over o the other side with a wooden spatula. This will let the roti cook from both sides well. Let the other side also bubble. This will take around 30-45 seconds.Now, when you see your roti is cooked from both sides and is started lifting up then close the top lid and wait.
- If everything was done perfectly the top lid will partially lift itself when the roti is ready within 10-15 seconds. However, it does lift up you open the lid on your own and take out the roti.
- Your yummy fluffy-puffy roti is ready.If you want to make more start off with the second one.
Roti maker is a boon for every home in India especially if the members are working. Roti making is a difficult task but with the roti maker it can be done in a few minutes. A roti maker takes approximately around 45 seconds to one minute to prepare a soft fluffy roti.
We suggest you invest in this device for reducing the pressure of kitchen chores. As you are going to invest your hard earned money make sure invest in a product that matches your need and is high in quality. Our list has only those products which are good in quality and efficiency. You can choose any one of them without a second thought. Till then, happy cooking.