Smartwatches these days come handy in a lot of situations. Almost every tech giants have launched their own set of smart watches till date. With one better from the other, while some are lacking the key features, it’s difficult to pick the best smart watch in India.
Furthermore, we made it easy for you to choose one of the top smartwatches. We have considered the top 20 models, researched for more than 79 hours and consulted 6 experts to come up with the list.
While selecting the products we focused on certain vital factors which you all should consider. Also, to put an end to all your confusion, our team jotted down all the points and made a buying guide to help you get the top smartwatch available in the market. So, let’s start!
Our Top Choice
Best Smart Watch In India
1. Apple Watch Series 4 – GPS + Cellular – Editor’s Pick
The Apple Watch Series 4 has the largest display in the series so far. You’ll get a full-screen display and it’s almost 30% larger than the previous models. Also, the optical heart sensors give accurate measurements.
The built is fantastic with Aluminum steel case. It is a bit sleek but the display is certainly large. Apple claims the speakers to be 50% louder than the previous models, but it’s nearly 30-35%. Also, the other features include accelerometer and gyroscope.
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
- 50% louder speaker with more resonance
- Cellular functionality only for Jio
We’ve come across the smart watch by testing different norms. The Easy UI, cutting edge looks and the accurate sensors will surely urge you to buy the Apple smart watch. If the cost is not a factor for you, you can surely get your hands down on this product.
2. SAMSUNG Gear S3 Frontier – Best For 24×7 Activity Tracking
- 1.3-inch 360x360 super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display
- Corning gorilla glass SR+
- Galaxy wearable app
The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch is definitely high on our list and it deserves to be so. Whether you are looking for live 24 x 7 tracking or a super AMOLED display with cool features, this smartwatch has it all. The 1.3 inch 360×360 pixels will definitely be the most attractive part of the phone. But, this is not all. There are a lot of more attractive features to catch eyes.
While reviewing the product, one of the members had this smartwatch on her wrist. So, we could easily go through a detailed inspection. The Bluetooth V4.2 connectivity and the Wi-Fi b/g/n definitely give a great advantage. Apart from this, the smartwatch is also compatible with Samsung Android or other Android devices.
- Tizen based wearable OS
- Corning gorilla glass SR+
- Non-removable 380mAh Li-Ion battery
- Compatible with Samsung Android
- No SIM card slot
- Very limited app selection
- A bit heavy
Overall, with a 4K display and a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen, the watch looks to be classy. The underwater limitations are just 1.5 meters. This is very limited. We hope that the limit increases in the upcoming models.
3. Fossil Q Gen 4 Hr Digital Black Dial – Best Swim Proof
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones;Heart rate and activity tracking using Google...
- This is one smart watch - receive smartphone notifications and app alerts, manage your calendar, control your music, download...
- Estimated 24 hour Battery Life, Based on usage plus 2 additional days in low-power mode; magnetic usb rapid Charger included;...
Fossil has made its mark in the Smartwatch Industry with all the previous launches. The Gen 4 model is another top-notch smartwatch from them. The smartwatch is complete touch screen and comes with a handful of features including Google Assistant, Microphone for calling multiple time zones and music storage. The controls are easy and the display adds to the aura of the smartwatch.
Apart from this, the Gen 4 smart watch comes with Google compatible OS. So you can take the readings in any android device. The swim-proof feature is an add on to the wonderful device. We genuinely like this product and recommend you to purchase it.
- Google Pay has been added
- Comfortable to wear
- 30 M of Water depth resistance
- Only 24 Hrs of Battery Life
- The sports tracking is not so efficient
The Fossil smart watch is a pretty good choice to have. The 249-gram weight on your wrist may feel a bit heavy at times. But, it has to be worth it.
4. Suunto Core – Best For Outdoor Activities
No products found.
The Suunto Core Watch includes some cool features like Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Altitude graphics and some similar gauges. Technically, it’s the type of gadget you’ll love to carry for your hiking tour.
You will get updates on weather, altitude, temperature and even daylight. But there is no GPS available.
- Gives You daily Weather Reports and Daylight
- Has Storm alarm and Daylight alert
- Includes ABC Features
- No heart rate monitor present
- No activity tracker is present
We like the idea behind the Suunto Core Watch and its use for your hiking tour. But, if you wish to expect something more out from a 20K smartwatch like heart rate monitor or activity tracker, you’ll be left disappointed. We suggest you go for better options.
5. Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness – Best For Fitness Enthuasists
- Maximize training, maintain intensity and monitor calorie burn with automatic wrist-based heart rate monitoring
- Make the most of your day by getting more out of your night. Surge automatically monitors how long and how well you sleep
- Built with eight-sensor technology and best-in-class battery life, Surge transitions seamlessly from workouts to tracking...
There is absolutely no doubt on why we have rated the Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch as the best Fitness Smart watch on our list. With some of the most important features like Daily Goals, activity tracker, heart rate monitoring, intuitive graphs, there is nothing more than you can expect from a smart watch.
Apart from simply monitoring, the Fitbit also allows you to edit activity logs. So you can modify and have a proper track record. The sleep tracking is almost accurate which means that you can carry it all the time. Also, there are daily goals set to achieve.
- Comes with Tracking Tool and Watch
- Sends you weekly reports via email
- Activity logs can be edited
- Synchronizing takes a longer duration of time.
- No option to buy a new strap
The Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch is a great treat to your health if you are a fitness freak. With this price, everyone will love the features it gives. But it does not have any sim card slot or any calling features. The device is more dedicated to fitness and goals.
6. Garmin vívoactive HR – Best Under 15000
- GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen. The display resolution is 205 x 148 pixels
- Built-in sports apps include GPS-enabled running, biking, swimming and more no phone connection required
- Customize with watch face designs, widgets and apps from connect IQ store
- Customize with watch face designs
- GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable screen
- Receive smart notifications and smart coaching
- Not so good after sales support
With so many features and at a moderate price, our Editor picks the Garmin vívoactive HR SmartWatch as the best budget pick. The 50 m water resistant feature with sports apps presents definitely attracts our attention.
7. Amazfit Pace A1612 Multisport – Best Under 10000
- Look as good as you feel: With stunning looks and unparalleled craftsmanship, the Amazfit Pace is a perfect blend of comfort,...
- Don't miss a beat: A host of advanced features and sensors give you clear, actionable insights into your health and fitness...
- Use Amazfit App (ZEPP) to connect to phone. Connectivity - Bluetooth 4.0. Compatible with Android 4.4/iOS 8.0 or above
The Amazfit Pace A1612 Multisport Smartwatch composes of a 1.2 GHz Core Processor along with 512 GB RAM and 4 GB storage. The smartwatch comes with a Wi-Fi module and when connected, the processor generally slows down. However, the GPS+Glonass screen and the 1.34 inch LCD screen is just what you were looking for.
This multisport smartwatch includes heart rate monitoring and sleep monitoring. We have to admit that the monitors tracking are absolutely apt and it is just a great thing to have. But the battery backup will be a little down while you use these apps. You can also check for the steps, calorie, and distance real-time tracking.
- Looks good on skinny wrists also
- 3-4 days of battery backup on normal usage
- Has all the basic fitness features
- Step count is not very accurate
It’s tough to find a competitor of the Amazfit Pace A1612 Multisport Smartwatch at this price bar. So if you are willing to get it as a sports watch, you can definitely buy it.
8. SKMEI 50 m Waterproof Digital Black Dial – Best Under 1500
- REMOTE CAMERA: When the Phone Is Connected With the Watch, Open the "Camera" In the Phone; Press the Watch S1 Key, You Can...
- SPORT REAL-TIME RECORDING: 24 Hours Activity Tracking, Accurate Records of Each action including The Movement Distance, Time...
- SLEEP MONITOR: Monitors the length, consistency and quality of your sleep
The SKMEI 50 m Waterproof Digital Black Dial Smart Watch is another excellent watch on our list. More unlike the orthodox smart watches, this SKMEI smart watch will not allow you to listen to music, connect Wi-Fi or even scroll for heart rate monitoring. However, it’s more like a digital wristwatch with some smart features like Pedometer, Calorie burn, sleep rate, and even movement distance.
- Comes with sleep time monitoring
- You can get movement distance and calorie burn recordings
- The LED display is present for a modern look
- Battery backup is very average
- Waterproof resistance is also not so good
The SKMEI 50 m Waterproof Digital Black Dial Smart Watch is basically a wristwatch with some smart features. If you like to save your budget and allows yourself to compromise on the features, it can be a good option.
9. Rewy Heypex A1 with Camera and Sim Card Support- Best Under 1000
The Rewy Heypex A1 Bluetooth Smartwatch with Camera and Sim Card Support has calling features apart from the standard smart watch features. but the icon display is very small. However, it gets even smaller while you place a call. the OLED display is a stunning approach but we suspect that it barely has a Gorilla glass III protection. But at this price, and the features it has almost everyone will buy one.
Bluetooth, Remote Camera, Making and Answering Calls, Email and a 1.54-inch display will surely get you admired. When we reviewed the product, we found it to be extremely light in weight. Similarly, the battery backup was also not so average. Infact, if you connect the smart watch with the internet, you can keep it up for 6-7 hours.
- Includes calling and messaging features
- Best smart watch under 1000
- Comes with OLED screen
- Heart rate monitor is not so appropriate
- Battery backup is not so high
We reviewed the Rewy Heypex A1 smart watch and are quite happy with the performance. Though the design and the features need to be upgraded, you can still use it on a regular basis.
Choosing the best smart watch is never an easy task. There are numerous varieties available in the market that offers different features at different price points. A smartwatch has many things to look out for. And without knowing them all you can’t decide on which one to purchase.
However, if you are a first-time buyer, we suggest you have an in-depth knowledge of the product. It is only because it will help you figure out your requirements and will guide you in the future. For the same, we have written a buying guide which will help you to select a smartwatch for yourself.
1. Device Compatibility:
One of the most important factors to keep in mind while buying a smartwatch is device compatibility. You need to connect it with your smartphone to operate it. Generally, most of the smartwatches are compatible with both iOS and Android and in some cases, both. Furthermore, some models are only compatible with their own operating system or same brand device. Watch OS is quite fast and consistent whereas Android Wear has customizing options, and works as an open-source model.
Unlike smartphones, every smartwatch has a different display. Few come with a full display screen with amazing color and contrast. And on the other hand, few models come with black and white display settings. Another factor is to check whether the model has touch-screen or button settings. Touch-screen implies gesture that allows you to do all the work just by tapping on the screen or swiping and intuitive scrolling and navigating. However, if you prefer to go with a traditional and simple approach, then smartwatch with button system is an ideal option.
Now, this factor may seem a little silly. But when you are investing your money on a gadget you definitely want it to look good and that it compliments your style and fashion. Do you find it aesthetically pleasing or do you think it looks hideous on your wrist?
While we went through all the top models, we considered looking into the appearance factor as well apart from other crucial features. Our list of top best smartwatches will surely compliment your style and look.
Like smartphones, smartwatches are also capable of showing a variety of notifications including text messages, social media posts, incoming and missed calls, alarms and much more. Furthermore, there are few watches which lets you customize what all notifications you want to see, display settings, background picture, widgets and many more. As we evaluated the models, we saw a few models allow direct receiving or calling option just like any Bluetooth headset.
5. Battery Life:
There are few smartwatches which come with a battery life that last not even a day while others can last over 1000 days at a time. Moreover, battery life depends on certain factors- how long you are using it, how big is the internal battery, what features it supports and etc. Thus, you need to look out for smartwatches that offer high battery life. But before that make sure you know how you will use it, whether you want to use it outside for work or you want it just for fashion!
6. Special Features:
Additional features will vary from device to device and thus, it is very crucial for you to consider the usage of your smartwatch in your day-to-day life. Here are some of the features to consider:
a) Voice Control:
Voice control is a great feature to look for. It allows you to record memos, give commands, search the web, send and receive messages and much more. This feature can be really helpful.
b) Link Alarm:
While you are out of wireless range, the link alarm feature will help you providing an audible or vibrating alert.
c) Activity Trackers:
If you want to keep a track on all the activities you do, then looking for a smartwatch that offers activity trackers is an ideal option. Look for the built-in accelerometer that measures intensity, heart rate monitor, pedometer that measures steps and more such tracking apps. Also, some smartwatches do come with fully-integrated health app to let you track calorie intake and burnt and offers customized workouts as well.
You can download any app on your device which lets you access music stored on your smartphone. It is always great to store music on your internal memory that will let you access your media library.
There are few smartwatches that come along with GPS. It helps you to track or map your run. Also, to find your way to certain places around the town.
How We Conducted The Test?
Testing the smartwatches wasn’t an easy task at all. Our entire team was on work for this. We considered 20 top models, researched for about 79 hours and consulted with 6 experts to come up with the list. While selecting the products we focused on the interface, features of the smartwatch, designs, additional features etc.
For selecting the products, we went to different electronic stores, checked for the variety of options available. Our team also contacted the brand managers to collect as much information possible about the products. Also, we requested for hands-on experience to the sales manager of certain products. After all this juggle, we came up with the list.
Here is a table which will guide you about the results we got after analyzing all the top smartwatches.
Frequently Asked Questions
The smartwatch is for sure an expensive product. For its unique features its a worth buy. You can connect it to your phone, read your messages, call, and do a lot of other things. For its added convenience and aesthetic looks, it is actually a worth buy.
The best smart watch are Apple Watch Series 4,SAMSUNG Gear S3 Frontier Smart watch, and Fossil Q Gen 4 Hr Digital Black Dial Men's Watch.
The biggest and the only disadvantage of a smartwatch is battery life. A smart watch’s battery last for 1-2 days only once full charged.
Yes, you can text using smart watch.
No, there is no scientific proof that smart watch leads to cancer. Nevertheless, the radiation emitted by any gadgets be it smart phone or cell phone are harmful to health.
The smartphone can definitely anwser calls. The quality ones are designed keeping in mind this convenience feature.
Smartwatches are too mainstream nowadays and in 2019, you will get to choose from several brands. It is a minicomputer that works in wireless mode and worn on the wrist. Also, it can be an excellent investment especially if you are a tech lover.
Furthermore, choosing the best smart watch is a mind-boggling task with so many varieties available in the market. We suggest you read the reviews and also going through the buying guide to get a sound knowledge about the product.
We assure you will get the best in the market if you choose one from the list above. You won’t regret buying and will enjoy a whole new experience of wearing a watch.
Sekh Maijul says
Samsung Is My favorite watch.