If you are looking to build up muscle and make up the most of your gym, whey protein is the way to opt for. The only key here is to consume the best quality whey protein.
In India, there is a boom of Indian whey protein manufacturers and is quite tricky to find the best one among them. But don’t you worry, you landed at the right page. Our article will tell you about the best whey protein in India.
We have tested around 35 whey protein powders, undergone 48 hours of research, and interviewed five experts before coming to this list. Our research was based on a few prime factors like quality, nutrients present, extraction process, flavour, and the price.
In addition to this, we have also written a buying guide that will explain you in detail what to focus on when buying the best whey protein powder in India.
Best Whey Protein In India
|Product Name||Capacity||Category||Check Price|
MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
MuscleBlaze 100% Whey Protein
MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80% Powder
Sinew Nutrition Instantised Whey Protein
1. MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein
- Muscleblaze whey gold is manufactured using whey from united states and delivers 25g of protein per 30g serving
- Whey isolate with the highest pdcaa(protein digestibility corrected amino acid) score of 1, the only source in whey gold...
- Guaranteed protein certificate from a 3rd party lab (nabl accredited) makes it the most authentic product available in the...
MuscleBlaze is India’s leading sports nutrition company making premium quality nutritional supplements and so is this one from them.
Further, we also found out that it is isolated from the highest pdcaa(protein digestibility corrected amino acid). Thus, this best protein supplement in India is without side-effects and easy to digest. You won’t face any issues with its regular consumption.
Lastly, even the taste is good. It tastes like a mild smooth chocolate shake. We recommend you to have 1 scoop of powder in 180-200ml of water for best results.
- In one serving- 25g protein, 1.65g of carbohydrate, 5.5g of bcaa (essential amino acids for better breakdown and digestion), and 0.46g of fat.
- Rick chocolate flavour
2. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
- Gold Standard 100% Whey Blend – 24g blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey...
- What Does It Have - 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs and over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving...
- Autenticity - SMS us your 6 digit unique code on the pack at 57575 or visit our wesite AUTHENTICATEON.in to instantly test...
If you are looking for a gold standard whey protein than this can be the one.
We found in our research that this particular protein powder has amioacids along with protein aids in digestion and are excellent for the digestive health. We particularly recommend this to people who want quicker results in less time and have difficulty in digesting heavy food items. Further, they also aid in muscle recovery so prefer having it after your workout sessions.
Lastly, you get a range of flavours in this like chocolate, banana, strawberry, raspberry, vanilla, coffee, cookies, etc. choose the one that suits your taste buds.
- A variety of flavors available
- One serving contains 24g pure whey protein isolates, 5g of bccas, 0.5g of fat, and 4g of carbohydrates.
3. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
- The product is packaged as per Indian FSSAI regulations and the text may slightly differ from the US version, however the...
- Supports Muscle maintenance, build up and toning of the body
- Contains all of the essential and non-essential amino acids
This is another hot selling protein powder in India for weight gain and weight loss. Protein is good for people to gain weight and also to lose the extra fat as it increases the muscle mass in the body, provides strength, and aids in metabolism.
The Ultimate nutrition is made using 100% prostar whey protein. It has all the essential and nonessential amino acids to build your muscles. You should consider using it if you are keen about building your muscles.
In one serving, this protein supplement would give you 25g of protein, 6g of bcaa, and 1g of fat. Moreover, it tastes great like a rich chocolate cream. Stir it well using a hand blender to get a frothy chocolate shake taste. We recommend it everyone who wants a fit and healthy body at all times.
- One serving gives you 25g of protein, 6g of bcaa, and 1g of fat
- Chocolate creme taste
- Available in a variety of like raspberry, raisin, vanilla, strawberry, coco moca, etc.
4. MuscleBlaze 100% Whey Protein
- MuscleBlaze Whey Protein with 25g protein and 5.5g BCAA per serving makes it the best Whey protein Supplement powder
- MuscleBlaze Whey Protein is manufactured using Whey from United States of America ensuring protein quality of international...
- Whey protein Isolate, the major ingredient also considered the most superior form of protein is the primary source of protein...
Muscle Blaze is another 100% ultra premium quality whey protein available in India. This best protein powder in India is for weight gain becuase of its ultra rich nutrients. Although made in India, its an internation quality product.
Our team recommends you after purchasing the product validate its authenticity via an SMS using the unique code of the product. It is because there are many manufacturers who are selling fake quality products.
Lastly, the best flavour is the rich chocolate one as it easily dissolves and is just perfect to taste neither sweet nor bland to taste.
- Contain digezymes
- Lots of flavour variety
5. Sinew Nutrition Instantised Whey Protein Concentrate
- EXCEPTIONAL PROTEIN PROFILE: Each 30 gm serving of Sinew Nutrition Instantized Whey Protein Concentrate provides premium...
- MINIMALLY PROCESSED: Each serving of 30 gm of denatured whey protein is minimally processed, preserving the delicate...
- HIGH BIOLOGICAL VALUE PROTEIN: Made from superior American WHEY PROTEIN, this unflavoured protein powder digests faster and...
If you are looking for cheap and best whey protein in India than this can be a good option. Sinew Nutrtion though low in price but is of good quality.
One serving of this contains 3.7 Protein, 4gm Glutamine, 5gm BCAA, 1.5gm. We were actually pleased to see in such a low price the company is giving pure nutrients. We recommend you to have one serving in 250ml of milk or water before sleeping or after the workout.
You can use this if your a beginner to muscle building and is going to consume the protein for the first time. It is because it is light and you can digest it easily.
- One serving has 23.7 Protein, 4gm Glutamine, 5gm BCAA, 1.5gm
6. MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80% Powder
- PERFORMANCE NUTRITION: Each scoop of our MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein has 24g Protein with no added sugars. Customers choose...
- USA Imported Raw Whey Protein - MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein is Imported from US and Packed in India meeting the highest quality...
- Whey is so effective because it provides a more absorbable source of protein than any other type of food or supplement, and...
MuscleXP is moderately priced standard quality whey protein in India. This is also an intenrational product made in India.
One serving contains 24g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 1.5g fat, and 5.4g bccas. The only glitch we found in this is the fat concentrate which is relatively high when compared to others.
- One serving contains 24g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 1.5g fat, and 5.4g bccas.
- Zero sugar
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Whey Protein In India
With so many whey protein Indian manufacturers its quite difficult to choose the best one. Whey protein that is pure in form is only effective and give the best results. That is why we suggest you to be very careful with your purchase.
All the whey protein powder are not created with the best nutrients so it important to look for few considerations hen choosing one. For this reason, we have jotted down a buying guide to help you get the best out of it.
1. Nutritional Ingredients
This is the most important factor to look for as all the whey protein powders are not equal in quality. Some powders are just pure mass gainers with lots of fats concentrate in them.
For this, we request you to jot down your requirements whether you want only protein or you want a mass gainer(a mix of protein, carbohydrates, and fats). After sorting your requirement, look at the ingredients of the product. be careful, a lot of people make a mistake by consuming mass gainers instead of original protein powders and thus contribute to weight gain.
A pure protein whey powder has pure isolate whey protein concentrates and branched chain amino acids as the vital nutrients. We recommend you to choose a protein powder that is low in fat, low in carbohydrates, and high in protein.
Moreover, a whey protein supplement should also contain every essential as well as non-essential amino acids. The more these amino acids in the protein powder the more beneficial it is for your health. The importance of these amino acids are given below:
i) Alanine: For the muscles tissues, Alanine acid acts as an energy source. It also activates the antibodies and thereby strengthens the immune system.
ii) Arginine: It is another preferred ingredients as it causes the body to release more growth hormones and also aids in fat reduction and gain in muscles mass.
iii) Aspartic acid: It is beneficial to remove the toxic ammonia from the body and also aids in protein synthesis by the entire body.
iv) Glutamic acid: It reduces the sugar cravings which people often get especially when restricted to a particular diet when on bodybuilding. This way it will help you to maintain your diet.
v) Glycine: It aids in digestion and also maintains the hormonal balance in the body.
vi) Leucine: leucine and isoleucine help in muscle recovery and in increasing the energy levels. Further, they also metabolize the fats in the body and thus aids in weight reduction.
vii) Methionine: This helps in digestion by removing the fatty substances from the body.
viii) Proline: This is necessary for strengthening the heart muscle. It also smoothens the movement of tendons and joints which often get tired by intensive workouts.
ix) Serine: It is responsible for making antibodies and strengthening the immune system.
x) Valine: It aids in muscle coordination.
xi) Tryptophan: It releases the growth hormone in the body and thereby brings about muscle growth.
You should always restrict yourself to a particular reputed brand. A whey protein that is from a good brand is only recommended. Don’t choose any brand randomly instead look for a brand that is popular and in the market from quite a few years. It is because the protein powder directly affects your health and going for a low-quality one might cause negative effects.
Always buy from a good source as in India there are a few local manufacturers to that manufacturer the fake low-grade products. A whey protein powder that is good has more than 7-10 ingredients. Be careful don’t fall in the trap of local marketers buy from a reputed source. When purchasing only buy from Amazon/Flipkart as they have a refund and replacement policy.
A few good companies manufacture the product in India but are of international quality and they get the protein source from America via a third party. Prefer going for these ones. For the same reasons, we have included only those products in the list that are from reputed brands and are of high quality.
Most of the reputed brands have protein powders in a lot of flavours. You can choose any from them that suits your taste buds. All the flavours are quite rich, mildly sweet, and are good to taste. You can also go for the unflavored ones if you like the bland pure protein taste. Thus, it’s your personal choice you can go for anyone.
Types Of Best Whey Protein Available In India
The types of protein powder available in India are as follows:
1. Whey Protein Concentrate
This whey protein has the lowest amount of protein per 100grams. WPC is generally recommended for beginners who are new into bodybuilding or muscle gain.
By weight, this type contains 29% – 89% protein. The other left over part contains high amounts of enhancing peptides and amino acids like alpha-lactalbumin and immunoglobulins and lactose and fat. You should go for this one in between meals for good results.
2. Whey Protein Isolate
This one has 90% of pure protein source along with minimal fat and lactose. It is little costlier than whey protein concentrate. This one is rapidly absorbed by the body and so is easily digestible. It easily fits in the amino acids and protein in the muscles cells that lacks protein. We recommend this for people who go to gym daily.
3. Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH)
This one is the purest form and very difficult to get in India. This protein is the easiest to digest, within minutes it is digested and absorbed by the body.
It contains 99% protein by weight. It is the most expensive whey protein out of all the three types of whey protein. Generally, it tastes bland and pathetic. In spite of being easily digestible.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best brand for whey protein in India are MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein, Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, and Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein.
The best and cheap whey protein is Sinew Nutrition Instantised Whey Protein.
Eating too much whey protein can cause digestive issues like nausea, flatulence, diarrhea, pain, and cramping. Some people are allergic to whey so you need to consult your doctor before consuming it.
The top 5 protein powders MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein, Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, MuscleBlaze 100% Whey Protein, Sinew Nutrition Instantised Whey Protein, and Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
If building muscle is your goal, it is best to take 20-25 grams of protein immediately after completing a lifting session. Whey is one of the fastest-digesting protein in India that can be taken without any second thought.
The three types of whey protein available are whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein hydrolysate.
While researching for this product, we realised that how important it is to get the quality protein powder. It can affect overall health. The best whey protein in India that we have compiled are the most superior quality protein powders you can buy today.
Though we have compiled almost all the information necessary for you, don’t consider it as medical advice. You are always free to consult a doctor before use. Till then happy body building.