The Main objective of Bureau of Energy Efficiency is to “institutionalize” energy performance services, allow delivery mechanisms in the nation and grant leadership to energy performance in all sectors of the nation. The primary objective would be to decrease energy intensity in the economy.
The widespread objectives of BEE are listed below:
- To exert management and implement policy recommendation and direction to national energy conservation and efficiency efforts and programs.
- To regulate energy efficiency and protection policies and plans and take it to the stakeholders.
- To practice systems and procedures to regulate, monitor and test energy efficiency result in different sectors as well as at a macro level.
- To leverage multi-lateral and bi-lateral and individual sector support in the implementation of Energy Conservation Act and efficient use of energy and its protection programs.
- To confirm delivery of energy efficiency assistance as mandated in the EC bill through private-public partnerships.
- To evaluate, plan and accomplish energy conservation programs as envisaged in the Energy Conservation Act.
- Provide a plan recommendation and direction to national energy conservation projects.
- Coordinate plans and programmes on effective use of energy with shareholders.
- Build systems and methods to verify, measure and control of Energy Efficiency (EE) improvements.
- Support multilateral, bilateral and private sector assistance to implement the EC Act 2001.
- Exhibit EE delivery methods through public-private organizations
The Bureau would obtain inputs and co-opt expertise from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, research institutions, and technical agencies, both national and international, to achieve these objectives.
BEE Star Products
Below are the list of products comes under BEE start rating system.
5. Otg Oven